[solved with FF95] HA owner but Unauthorized for file editor (with FF)?

I get a ‘401: Unauthorized’ when accessing the file editor, even logged in as the owner and totp is activated.

Any help is highly appreciated.

EDIT: this seems not to be related to that specific user

I get that message when using an Android tablet (and Microsoft Edge) but not from a Windows PC (and Microsoft Edge) or an Ubuntu laptop (and Firefox). I am logged in with my account (admin privileges) on all three.

I have never been able to figure out why I get the unauthorized message on the tablet. I searched for a solution in this forum and nothing that I found fixed it (clearing browser’s cache and deleting the Refresh Token representing the tablet’s login session).

Hopefully someone knows why it happens and how to correct it.

Thanks Taras for your enlightment.
It’s a relief that I’m not the only one and a solution seems not to be that obvious.

*** Bump ***
Anyone?

I opened an Issue in the GitHub Supervisor repository after I recently also experienced the problem on my laptop PC (Supervisor reports the error). It’s the PC I use for maintaining Home Assistant, equipped with Ubuntu 20.04 and Firefox 90, and it never had the problem with Firefox 89.

Others joined in and one person zeroed in on tracking prevention. If you disable it, the Add-Ons web UI becomes accessible. However, this solution only works for Firefox 90 but doesn’t fix MS Edge on Android.

The Issue is still open and balloob confirmed something must have changed in how Firefox 90 handles tracking prevention and they are currently investigating.

I don’t know which browser you are using but try disabling tracking prevention and see if it makes a difference. FWIW, I consider this a workaround because it seems to me that there should be no need to disable tracking prevention to display an Add-On’s UI.

2 Likes

Hi @123, it is indeed the browser: I’m using FF90.x.

Before, when I created this topic I found a way to go around this problem but couldn’t remember how.
Now I needed to make changes in my yaml files and was stuck.

Thanks for your hint, used Chromium to do it.
:+1:

1 Like

Apparently fixed with FF95.

1 Like

Thanks for informing us!

1 Like

I found this was fixed by deleting cache and cookies.