HA Pi4 Partially Responsive, Crashes Often. Most cards say not available, element doesn’t exist etc. Help noob?

It is Motorola MG7315

I also found these areas if they are useful:

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 4.02.46 PM

Try to disable “Obtain automatically from MSO” and set primary to 1.1.1.1 and secondary to 8.8.8.8

You should be able to find the LAN IPv4 address somewhere and there should the subnet mask be listed too.

1 Like

Try to look for the subnet mask in the info next to the IP addresses.
The manual on the manufactors homepage is quite lacking, so I can not guide more specific than this. :frowning:

Thanks for spending the time to answer.

I believe I have applied/found everything except the subnet mask. Other than it being on the client list. I power cycled (because i cannot restart) and everything appears to have the same problems so far

Do you still have this DNS set in HA?

I changed it to this.

1 Like

Do you have a terminal addon set up?

You could try:

ha su repair

Also check the dns logs, Settings → System → Logs → three dots icon top right → dns

Surpisingly, the DNS log said no errors.

And the terminal command gave this after several minutes:

Yeah I think we are chasing the wrong end of the problem here.

Your DNS and network settings appear to be ok but for some reason HA can not resolve anything, even internally on the container network.

Anything of note in your HOST logs?

thanks for the replies tom.

I copied all of the host log to this pastebin. This is just the log as the HA has been running. I dont know if you need it directly after startup or anything

Unfortunately pastbin is blocked where I am at the moment. Hatebin works though, https://hatebin.com/

OK, try this one

https://hatebin.com/zjozuwyauo

At this stage I would do a clean install and restore from backup.

Thanks I will try that now

Come to think of it, if you have used portainer then that had issue with corruption of the network settings on the docker containers.
Just a guess of the reason to your problems.

I have not heard of portainer or installed something called that :-/

I tried restoring from a backup a couple months ago and it still had the terminal dns errors, although soome of the online components began working. Such as the ecobee weather card. Still, a lot of stuff wasnt working, even when I went to a really old backup that I know was solid at the time from over a year ago.
On this one Deconz gave this error " Error fetching addon info: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘r.method’)" and HACS always says it is “setting up”.

I think I might just completely restart my HA from scratch at this point. At least then I will know it is a clean setup.

EDIT: And the Supervisor will not load, it just spins

Over the top of your current system?

What I mean is do a clean install, install and set up your addons again, then copy across your entire /config folder (including the hidden .storage folder).

Oops, I meant that I wiped the card, did a clean install and then restored from a backup, and that backup was from a couple months ago

That sounds like a good idea. And so the config folder has certain settings for the entities and automations etc, but wont bring back whatever was causing problems?

Hopefully, yes. No guarantees :slight_smile: