HA + Samsung Tv UE40H6400 doesn't work

How did you guys installed the websocket client? With which user and what command? I am running HA 0.52 on Python virtualenv.

UE55H7000 not working either, control via HDMI CEC and Logitech Harmony is possible though

Same issues on a Samsung UN40KU6300.

Hi,
Any updates on this topic?

I have almost the same issue as @Stefan609.
My TV (UE48H6500) is not working wit HA. nmap shows same results and discovery component finds the TV on port 7676. I have to manually play with smasungctl (both legacy and websocket methods) to check the communication flow. There are 2 things obvious with this model:

1. It doesn’t use default port (55000) - which makes me wonder which method should i use
  2. something is going on with the authentication process i guess, since i don’t see the TV showing pin code.

To get your older TV running set

timeout: 3

I have a UE40D5500 model, and after i put timeout TV starts to be recognized and i can turn it off, change volume but it’s impossible to turn on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a UE40ES6300.
Worked fine in 0.59.
Upgraded to 0.62 and it was just showing as offline.
Added timeout 3 and it works again.

media_player.turn_off used to work for me in .59 but no longer works in .61. Turn on works as expected however.

Ah. Solved the issue for me to. The Samsung remote has been working with my old (2012-ish) non-Smart tv until I upgraded to 0.6x. Adding “timeout: 5” worked for me.

Thanks!

Been trying to get this to work with my UE49KU6400 and finally managed to get it to work. The steps to get thos to work were as follows:

• Install the websocket-client sudo pip3 install websocket-client (Whilst I’m not sure it is necessary or not as well as doing this in the virtualenv I also installed it on the main setup).
  • Set the configuration to the following:

-platform: samsungtv
    host: 192.168.1.x
    port: 8001
    name: ‘Bed Room - Samsung TV’
    mac: xx::xx:xx:xx:xx
    timeout: 5

• Due to having made a lot of changes to my system I then rebooted the home assistant server (In my case a RPI 3 sudo reboot now). However you will probably get away with just restarting the Home-Assistant service (sudo service home-assistant@pi restart)

So now I can do the following:

• Turn Off the TV if already on (However the TV always shows as On)
  • Use the Next and Previous Track Buttons (These allow you to navigate some menus and also skip forward and back in cetain apps but not all)
  • Turn the Volume Up, Down and Mute the Volume.

That’s all I’ve managed so far. But thought this may help a few others that have been struggling to get it to work at all.

I had mine working fairly well (UN40EH5300 and a UN55MU8000) using this code with my Echo:

I currently have it commented out in my config but the service still runs (and paired to my Echo) so I can say things like: Alexa, TV off (or) Alexa, TV on – and it works. Maybe something in here might help someone more savvy than me figure out how to talk to these devices (as I had similar results in HA as posted here) with the python code linked above.

i see it working with

-platform: samsungtv
host: 192.168.0.64

I set a static ip on the TV which i find helps, model is UE40F6740

Hi, I’m also having some issues with my Samsung TV (UE40H6400).
I’m completely new to HA, I love it so far, but I don’t know much about it yet.

Could someone tell me, how can I add the timeout to the configuration (where to even find the file), please? As it seems to be the solution.

I’m running HA from Unraid as a VM.

My TV shows up automatically on HA but the TV doesn’t provide a PIN which I have to enter in HA.

Many thanks!