HA + Samsung Tv UE40H6400 doesn't work

Hi Guys,

My HA works really well and I don’t have any problem at all… well except pairing with my Samsung TV.
HA automatically discovered my Samsung Smart TV and identifies it as “Living Room (UE40H6400)”. This is absolutely how it should be.

However when I turn TV on (using remote control) the status of the “Living Room (UE40H6400)” in HA remains “off”.
On my TV I didn’t get any request to accept HA server as allowed devices etc. As far as I understand such promp should appear.

I tried also using port 8001 but the same effect.

Here is nmap of the TV:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# nmap 192.168.100.104

Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-01-28 10:37 CET
Nmap scan report for 192.168.100.104
Host is up (0.0035s latency).
Not shown: 993 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
1185/tcp filtered catchpole
4343/tcp filtered unicall
7676/tcp open imqbrokerd
8000/tcp open http-alt
8001/tcp open vcom-tunnel
8080/tcp open http-proxy
8443/tcp open https-alt
MAC Address: C4:57:6E:4A:EC:B0 (Samsung Electronics Co.)

It would be great if you could solve my my problem.

more information: I am using Raspberry Pi 2 with Home Assistant 0.36.1

Hi

Did you manage to pair your Samsung TV with HA? I am having the same issue as you as my HA detects my Samsung TV as a media player but I cannot control it from HA at all.

Thanks.

Same issue here. I’m currently working on it. I’ll post with a solution if I find it. My unit is a UN55KS800D. HA always displays it as off.

try below custom component on port 55000
may work for you

I’ve tried as you suggested:
media_player:
platform: samsungtv
host: 192.168.100.104
port: 55000

but it doesn’t work

when I remove it from the config I get this (it looks a little bit better - as it detects model and name)

2 Likes

mine is the same, have never been able to get this working with my Samsung TV, which is 40H6400 also.

MarkR - it looks like a common problem affecting wider group of people. Hope we will get the solution fast :).

2 Likes

facing same issues here

Has anyone have any solution for this problem?

Same issues in my log file i found this

17-03-27 10:35:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for media_player.tv_salotto fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 225, in async_update_ha_state
    None, self.update)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/samsungtv.py", line 120, in update
    return self.send_key('KEY')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/samsungtv.py", line 133, in send_key
    self.get_remote().control(key)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/samsungtv.py", line 126, in get_remote
    self._remote = self._remote_class(self._config)
  File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/samsungctl/remote.py", line 10, in __init__
    self.remote = RemoteWebsocket(config)
  File "/root/.homeassistant/deps/samsungctl/remote_websocket.py", line 21, in __init__
    self.connection = websocket.WebSocket()
TypeError: __init__() missing 3 required positional arguments: 'environ', 'socket', and 'rfile'

Same problem with UE40H5300.
When i put the option discover and i don’t put any ip or mac address, i see in the log the discover of the tv and the same image you post but nothing works.
When i put the ip mac address, the tv is no longer recognized by HA.
In another tv i had, the UE32H5300 it works. The TV software is different. As comparative, it seems i have the same problem with the samsung software Smart view for android phones.
In my android phone, if i use Youtube or in the video, the option share » view content on »» it works well in the two tv’s.

same on UA65JS9000. I can get the state displayed using port 8001 and websocket, but nothing much after that.
I have even tried running barebones samsungctl. Doesnt seem to work.

Since it doesn’t work, I wish it wasn’t there. Is there a way to turn off this auto-discovery?

I have the same problem with UE46D6505.
It works on openhab, if anybody want to see the openhab “component” I can try to find a link for it.

I have the same problem with UA65JS9000.
Anyway, here’s the OpenHab Samsungtv addon

There is another .NET project that can control samsung tvs.

I’ve tested this with my TV and it works.

Indeed ue65hu7500 is not working and it looks like all UE systems are not working.
Iam using Openhab at the moment and that is working fine with my TV

It looks that the “peering” goes wrong.
Anyone got the 1ste part to work?
"accept Home Assistant on the TV to allow communication"

Thanks,
Gerrit

Just close it and wait 10 minutes, it’s OK.

Not just UE models. I have a UA60H6400 and I have the same problem. Though my UA46D6600 works fine.

From what I can gather, it looks like everything around the H series is affected. From memory, these are from 2014. Models from before and after that time frame seem to be working fine.