HA sending commands to Alexa

I’ve found a bunch of conversations about Alexa integration, but I’ve not had success with achieving anything, as instead of wanting Alexa to control Home Assistant, I’m wanting integration to work the other way.

I have got some rebranded Tuya Smart devices, these are branded as “Grid Connect” from Arlec. I am wanting to use some light and motion sensors, as well as my iPhone location information connected directly to Home Assistant to trigger the scenes that are setup within Grid Connect.

I’m aware that I could re-connect all of the Grid Connect devices to the Tuya SmartLife app or reflash them with Tuya-convert, but my wife uses the Grid Connect app and won’t be impressed with me changing how she interacts with our devices, so I need to leave that bit well alone.

The scenes and devices in the Grid Connect app can all be called by Alexa, however. So what I’m wanting to know is if it is possible for Home Assistant to send commands to Alexa, for Alexa to then control the grid connect devices. Very convoluted, I know.

The idea would be: Home assistant detects ambient light below a certain level, iCloud integration knows that I’m at home, then sends a command to Alexa to run the “lights on” scene in Grid Connect.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Take a look at this.Home · custom-components/alexa_media_player Wiki · GitHub

Thank you, I’ve tried this, and the automation doesn’t give any errors, but there’s no response from Alexa. Nothing in the logs either. Not sure what to try next.
Edit: I don’t know why, but it’s just started working. Thank you so much.

Yes, it has been working for me. Happy to see that it works for you now.

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_id: what time is it
  media_content_type: custom
target:
  entity_id: media_player.echo_dot