HA stopped working after reboot server (solved)

Hi all,

*** solved after removing afvalwijzer custom component (weird) tnx discord #tinkerer

After a Kernel update and reboot of my Ubuntu server HA stopped working (won’t start).
I get the following messages:

> 2020-09-10 14:50:19 INFO (MainThread) [backoff] Backing off call_api(...) for 0.7s (asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError)
> 2020-09-10 14:50:24 ERROR (Thread-3) [root] Uncaught thread exception
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
>     self.run()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
>     self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/RFXtrx/__init__.py", line 841, in _connect
>     self.event_callback(event)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/rfxtrx/__init__.py", line 300, in <lambda>
>     rfx_object.event_callback = lambda event: hass.add_job(async_handle_receive, event)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 293, in add_job
>     self.loop.call_soon_threadsafe(self.async_add_job, target, *args)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 764, in call_soon_threadsafe
>     self._check_closed()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 508, in _check_closed
>     raise RuntimeError('Event loop is closed')
> RuntimeError: Event loop is closed

Server is a HP Microserver N40l running Ubuntu server.
HA is 114.4 in docker and worked without any problems till the reboot.

Anyone a clue? Help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Kees

I had the same issue.
Also resolved after removing the afvalwijzer component.
Thnx for updating your post with the solution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks man!!!

Was struggling with 5-10 “RuntimeError: Event loop is closed” and found this post.
Also did a kernel update a few days ago but didn’t had the courage to reboot and after the reboot whole HA was going mad…

After removing the afvalwijzer from the “custom_components” directory HA 0.115.0b4 is flying!

Thanks!!

Thank you very much for the solution you’ve provided!
I really wouldn’t have found out myself it was “afvalwijzer” which was causing the issue.

Oh I’m having the same problem! Is it a temporary bug or is the ‘afwalwijzer’ component done?

There is a issue page on github and the creator is making changes, I didn’t activate it again myself.

Looks like it takes some time to fix