HA stops reporting Wink state changes

Yes. That’s my point. If it still shows up on wink@home, it could point to an issue with pubnub not getting updated.

Yep, you got it. The Hue Hub is still showing up on wink@home. Any idea how to get rid of it? It doesn’t show up in the wink phone app. So it’s like the wink api isn’t publishing deletes or something correctly.

Did you delete it from the app before you disconnected it? If not, that may be why. You may have to plug it back in and wait until the Wink API sees it again, then remove it from the app.

@turboc and @rpitera are you guys seeing lots of the time wink items (mainly switches) unavailable including garage?
In my HA logs I didn’t see any error related wink. @w1ll1am23 I don’t have lutron, I have mainly gocontrol/linear and ge products.
The wink hub version I have is 3.5.22.0 and was updated two days back.

I’m still on the older FW version. Not seeing any more than my usual GoControl window sensor that likes to disappear from time to time.

I’m not seeing any unavailable, it’s just they are really slow showing that the device has turned off after it has physically turned off. How do you get the more current FW?

Open Wink app (I have Android) then click on the hub -> From menu Hub -> Should show the details page that should have it hub version, wifi settings, zwave controls, users etc.

It’s rolled out; there’s no documented way to force it other than reaching out to customer support.

You can try resetting the hub, then after it comes back up, logout and log back in to the app, then reset it again. I’ve heard anecdotal evidence that this can force a hub update. It won’t hurt anything and it did seem to work for me the one time I did it, but that was a while back and may have been coincidental. I haven’t tried to force an update and actually prefer to be not on the latest version while I read how it’s treating everybody and what I might have to contend with.

Thanks for the clarification, I didn’t get his question and mentioned steps to see the current version.

Actually that’s important too because I have seen the notification for a hub update appear there before.

I’m thinking that the procedure is worth trying in @turboc’s case in that it might force a rebuild of his subscription records and may clear up the phantom Hue hub.

Ok, I’m working on some code to manage the bathroom exhaust fans based on light state right now, but after that I’ll go give it a try.

ok, my wife turned off the bathroom light and fan 30 seconds before AD should have so it blew up my test. I went upstairs, unplugged and plugged back in my wink hub. Came downstairs to where I left my phone, went into the hub page, went into edit mode and it was telling me that an update was required at the bottom of the page. I followed it’s instructions (clicking on learn more and update), and am waiting for it to finish downloading. We’ll see if that fixes problems or creates them…

Please post here your hub details when you get chance:
a. Hub revision 1 or 2
b. Updated Hub software/firmware version.
Thanks

Wink Hub 2
New FW version 3.5.22.0

Did not clear up issue with Hue hub showing on wink@home

Thanks, I also have Wink Hub 2 with 3.5.22.0.xxxxxxxxxxxxx with some long alphanumeric text at the end.
I am seeing it keeps loosing devices.

I’m having the same problems not getting updates from my wink hub since updating HA to 0.37.1
I tried to downgrade to 0.37.0 but the problem is still there.
If I force a refresh from wink services they then show up.
Wink software version 3.4.4.0

I think they have a fix for it in dev. Or at least it sounded like they might. Luckily for me, my primary control is through wink and my automations aren’t live or die type things.

Thanks for sharing the details. It helps a lot to find out what is the potential root cause.
So far what I have learnt is:

1. Wink Hub2 + Hub Ver 3.5.22.0 + HA 0.37.1 = Wink devices become unavailable frequently + Slow response
  2. Wink Hub2 + Hub Ver 3.5.22.0 + HA 0.36.1 = Wink devices becomes unavailable frequently + Slow response
  3. Wink Hub2 + Hub Ver 3.4.4.0 + HA 0.37.1 = Wink devices becomes unavailable frequently + Slow response
  4. Wink Hub2 + Hub Ver 3.4.4.0 + HA 0.36.1 = Works good and didn’t notice issue

Sorry. I should noted that I have a Wink Hub1

Wink Hub1 + Hub Ver 3.4.4.0 + HA 0.37.0 = Works good and no issues