HA stops reporting Wink state changes

Thanks. I wish there is a way to downgrade Wink Hub version.

Not without rooting it first.

Iā€™m running: Wink Hub2 + Hub Ver 3.5.22.0 + HA 0.37.1

Everything is working but my Schlage lock. Not working in Wink, wink@home and HA says unavailable.

Response does seem slower.

Good thing they added August support today. Maybe that will help. :wink:

Thanks for the info, so looks like for me there is something else is going on.
By the way here is the email from Wink about last update 3.5.22.0 if it helps:

Current Versions
iOS : 5.5.0.16
Android : 5.5.0.7 (second update coming soon after)
Wink Hub : 3.5.20-0-g81f691290b-hub-app
Wink Hub 2 : 3.5.22-0-g96d40b32f7-hub2-app
Wink Relay : 1.0.582 / 3.2.1 

Fixed in this Update:
Rheem could not be added to Wink
Garage Door displays "Last closed: unknown"
Some bugs around changing Schlage user codes on iOS
[Android] Robots using sunrise/sunset default to "Next Day"
[iOS] leakSMART sensors displaying incorrect time for last refresh
Apple Watch pulling 10 shortcuts out of order (should now grab the first 10 shortcuts)
leakSMART sensor reports extremely high temperatures when below 32Ā° F or 0Ā° C (GoControl fix on the way, different root cause)
Fixed some miscellaneous crashes
Wink Hub 2 3.5.22 fixes an issue with the ethernet driver. We discovered this issue in-house and no beta testers were affected, as far as we know.

Here is what I have to share after two more days of research:
There are two problems:

1. My zwave switches and garage door goes offline (in HA becomes unavailable) that looks like a problem at Wink end as support person said like this
    "If multiple of your Z-wave devices are repeatedly behaving in this way it looks like you may be experiencing an issue that some of our users have been seeing with the Wink Hub firmware and Z-wave stability. We do apologize but we are working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. Until this issue is resolved it is likely that your Z-wave devices will see some issues with remaining connected. Let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to help."
  2. When Wink is working good and garage door is working as expected sometime HA doesnā€™t report open/close even though Wink app has status correctly showing. Usually my garage door gets open/closed 4 times in a given day, morning both open/close gets missed and after noon open/close gets captured by HA. No error/exception regarding garage/cover in HA log.

Honestly, I gave up on Wink supporting ZWave devices that arenā€™t explicitly advertised as made for Wink and went with a ZStick on the Pi. So much happier. Iā€™ve considered moving some of my GoControl sensors over but since they are working with the exception of one window sensor which likes to hide every once in a while, Iā€™m reticent to change it.

I have also started thinking to have Aeotec Gen 5 zwave stick but after reading some documents looks like I will have to compile and install openzwave and many people struggled to get it done. Also I have my HA running on Ubuntu not RPi so I need to install that one on my Ubuntu machine and most article/document talks installation on RPi. Not sure how much easily I can have RPi + Zwave stick + (slave)HA talking to master HA on Ubuntu so I can leave alone and donā€™t disturb much my Ubuntu HA instance? Is that advisable two HAs?
Thanks for your opinion.

I have not made the move to Ubuntu though I have been considering it lately in light of buying a ShieldTV to replace my Plex server. Iā€™m running it on a PC and will be decommissioning it soon so I thought about trying my hand at it.

Unfortunately I donā€™t have any experience with it or in Master/Slave set ups with HA so Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t help much there but there are some threads on the subject. Iā€™m strictly a Pi/AIO installer guy at the moment.

Nice. Did you use hassbian image (link below) to install everything on RPI?

No, I used the pre-December 2016 All in One installer on a stock Raspian Jessie image. (Thatā€™s what I meant by AIO - sorry I shouldnā€™t have abbreviated!)

Iā€™ve seen people having issues with it lately but it worked first time out for me.

I run Ubuntu Server and use an Aeotec 5 stick. I have the openzwave but did not configure the open z wave control panel. I just manage everything through HASS.

I used the manual installation for Virtualenv and everything went rather smoothly. No more issues that I had installing Virtualenv on the Pi3. I have never been able to get Hassbian or the AiO to work successfully but then again, since I know I can get Virtualenv to work, I did not try too hard with the others.

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice to hear. So I assume you used following page to install openzwave if not could you please share the link?

@rpitera, no problem and thanks for the sharing info.

The following section of this documentation gave me problems.

Instead of make install, you can alternatively build your own python-openzwave package which can be easily uninstalled:

$ sudo apt-get install -y checkinstall
$ sudo PYTHON_EXEC=$(which python3) checkinstall --pkgname python-openzwave --pkgversion 1.0 --provides python-openzwave

They appear kind of like I tried to show them here. The first block (Instead of make installā€¦) looks like a note. The second part withthe commands installing checkinstall looks like all the other code, and not being familiar with checkinstall, I kept running that and then nothing after that worked. Once I realized what checkinstall was, I skipped over it and was able to complete the install. It would be helpful if you could put any commands associated with the note inside the note so people know to skip over it if there arenā€™t interested in doing what the note said.

That is correct.

So if I donā€™t care about uninstall I can skip following two lines of commands correct?

$ sudo apt-get install -y checkinstall
$ sudo PYTHON_EXEC=$(which python3) checkinstall --pkgname python-openzwave --pkgversion 1.0 --provides python-openzwave

@Corey_Johnson, thanks

Iā€™m gonna let someone that has had more than 1 successful install of this answer :). But that is what I did and it worked.

Unfortunately .37 is a big step backward for me with wink. I am often having out of sync problems now, where previously it was mostly fixed for me. Errors Iā€™m seeing are mainly connectionpool errors, which looks like may be related to nest, not wink. So no errors that are applicable as far as I can tell. :confused:

What types of devices are you using? There is a known, fixed, issue in dev (release this weekend) that effects lutron switches and possibly others. That issue causes states to get out of sync.

Iā€™m using a z-wave switch via wink, Iā€™ll update to the new release on the weekend and cross my fingers :slight_smile: thanks

Hope it fixes things up for me too. All my devices that I control through the wink have been messed up since 0.37.1
My wink hub asked to an update yesterday and I let it hoping that would work :angry: