HA stops reporting Wink state changes

I have been having issues the last few days and there have been a few reported API issues. I tried calling wink about it two days ago and the wait wasn’t worth it. Please remember to check http://status.winkapp.com whenever you have problems just to be sure it isn’t on Winks side. Just an FYI.

Let’s hope 0.38 fixes everyone problems.

@bluenote73 @Dayve67 if either of you continue to have problems, I would love to work with you to figure them out. The last issue was something I never would have figured out without the help of @cbulock there are a lot of unique undocumented things going on in the Wink API and it makes it hard to track them down.

Thanks.
Im just doing a fresh install of HA on another SD card I have, I installed and played around with my current setup so much it is having so many errors.

@w1ll1am23 I don’t believe it’s wink (currently it reports status fine at that URL). My wink app correctly displays status of the light, but home assistant, while it can be used to turn on the light, doesn’t reflect that the light is on. Now I remember you specified a way to re-poll, or re-fresh the status somehow, but I don’t recall what that was. Would that be useful?

Ok, oddly, just now in turning on and off the light via HA, it seems HA has now become synced again, and does properly report. I can’t explain it.

Keep an eye on it after the 0.38 update and see if it happens again. If so reach back out to me and we will figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

Good luck. LOL

Weird because everything has been really stable here. But then I did not accept the last hub update yet.

Wondering now if I should or not as a control for testing. Any thoughts on this @w1ll1am23?

Known issues with the z-wave stack and zigbee stack in the latest Wink release. I’ve been waiting for 6 months for them to fix some zigbee stuff and finally now getting the answer “we likely can’t…incompatible with our radio” which is wonderful as the refund period is over; and the device I’m connecting to was heavily promoted by them and a partner (home decorators wink fans).

Now I am with Aeotec Zwave zstick and looks promising. There is learning curve including installation of OZWCP, OpenZwave for HA, how to configure device and deal with device name. So far in control except one big issue of Linear/GoControl zwave garage door. Tried a lot and spent good amount of time but couldn’t configure as well control it. While with Wink hub 2 it works great when it works, so far it was working great no issue at all except last few days (As mentioned above) having Wink hub issue of loosing connectivity to all zwave devices.
I would love to hear if any one has zwave USB stick and linear garage door working with control and status.
I am going to try latest HA on test environment to see Wink related changes and improvements and report here my findings.
Excellent job done by @w1ll1am23, thanks a lot.

The original problem seems to be back with a vengeance since the last version, 0.38.2. I think it has to do with a problem in the Aros piece:

ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error in pubnub JSON for Window Unit polling API for current state
ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [pubnub] take message interrupted: 'WinkAirConditioner' object has no attribute 'toatl_consumption'

The error hits soon after startup and Wink updates are broken after that.

I’ve temporarily resolved it by removing the Wink climate component.

Dang, looks like a typo. Pretty sure that should be total not toatl lol. Opened a PR to fix it, sorry about that. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/5936

It was merged, should be in 0.38.3 so if you could test it out once its out that we be cool.

1 Like

should have payed attention to the that, quick fix on the typo for now. Seems to be working once I corrected that. Will report back with 0.38.3

Aros support will be pretty great come summer time.

Still holding off on updating - waiting on @w1ll1am23 to let me know if he wants me to stay at current version as a control.

Sorry, must have missed that original comment. I updated as soon as I got the notification and haven’t had any problems. I think there are more factors and the reliability of wink than firmware. Even if you didn’t have problems on the old version and someone had problems on the new version that wouldn’t mean it is an issue with the firmware. I would say upgrade.

Thanks, but I wasn’t thinking in context of whether the fw was an issue as much as whether me being on an older version as a control for your testing would be. If it doesn’t matter to you, then I’ll go ahead and update.

Nope, doesn’t matter to me. Go for it.

1 Like

OK, cool. Just wanted to put it out there. :smile:

I’m getting this:

17-02-13 17:55:01 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [pubnub] take message interrupted: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

Same issue?

Similar. Do you see any other errors close to that one? Also when did it start? I think there may be a wink issue going on at the moment. All of my stuff started acting strange when I got home.

2 Likes

I have weird things going on here as well.

I’m having the same issue and error.
17-02-13 23:02:05 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [pubnub] take message interrupted: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘get’

Seems to have started in the last day. I did notice last week their was a 500 error from the service to convert username/password to token, then it looked like the pub nub URL’s changed, but started working later so figured it was just wink having issues again. Might need to start looking at an alternative zwave communication device if wink keeps having issues as the family isn’t being as tolerant. :slight_smile: Technology.