HA stops reporting Wink state changes

Still the same thing. I think this plug just really sucks. The iHome app is saying it’s not even connected now. In the Wink app in “activity” it shows two entries, the switch being setup and turned on once. I’m going to try resetting everything and starting from scratch.

Edit: Seems like it’s working now after a factory reset and re-setup. Going to comment out the time.sleep lines in the script and see if it still works. I appreciate the help!

Edit 2: Looks like it still needs a little delay to work right every time. But hey, this is way better than not working at all!

Hey, I’m new to Home Assistant and I have a Wink 1 to communicate with some Zigbee bulbs but HA never knows what state my bulbs are on and out of 10 commands I send towards the bulbs, maybe one or 2 will actually do something. The wink app works fine and I can control the bulbs with no issues but home assistant is a whole different story. I have smart bulbs with dumb switches so many times the light will say “unavailable” which is understandable but even when the bulb has been on for an hour, it HA still says “unavailable”. I tried adding the 'local control: true" in my config but that didnt help. Any suggestions to actually get this working?

Thanks

Enable debug logging and try your commands again. After you get a failed call send me the logs.

logger:
 default: warning
 logs:
   homeassistant.components.wink: debug
   pywink.api: debug

I have a temperature sensor from leaksmart that is not getting correctly updated in Home Assistant. It seems to update for a while and then drifts to a stuck value. This seems like there might be a problem in passing the information back into the database vs the communication to wink.

Screenshot%20from%202018-10-15%2010-27-49

the red line shows the problem, the last update was caused by calling the update service.
During the flat response the debug information showed that wink was getting the correct temperature

from the log:
2018-10-15 08:23:51 DEBUG (Thread-8) [homeassistant.components.wink] {“errors”: [], “data”: [{“desired_state”: {“pairing_mode”: null, “ota_image_selection”: “ALL”, “ota_window_end”: 6, “pairing_mode_duration”: 0, “led_brightness”: null, “pairing_device_type_selector”: null, "ota…
{“desired_state”: {“identify_mode”: false}, “name”: “Sensor1”, “linked_service_id”: null, “upc_id”: “xxx”, “hub_id”: “xxxx”, “units”: {}, “location”: "xxxxxx, “battery_updated_at”: 1539613303.3581448, “firmware_date_code”: “20151124”, “agent_session_id_updated_at”: null, “liquid_detected”: false, “firmware_date_code_updated_at”: 1539613303.3581448, “desired_identify_mode_updated_at”: null, “firmware_version_updated_at”: 1539613303.3581448, “desired_identify_mode”: null, “temperature_changed_at”: 1539613303.3581448, “identify_mode_updated_at”: 1539613303.3581448, “firmware_version_changed_at”: 1539365772.552471, “liquid_detected_true”: “N/A”, “identify_mode”: false, “temperature_updated_at”: 1539613303.3581448, “connection”: true, “temperature”: 23.09, “agent_session_id”: null, “battery”: 1.0, “liquid_detected_updated_at”: 1539613303.3581448, “liquid_detected_true_updated_at”: 1480184878.3948772, “connection_changed_at”: 1525114503.7736635}, “hidden_at”: null, “icon_id”: null, “upc_code”: “waxman_sensor”, “updated_at”: 1481331376, “primary_upc_code”: “waxman_sensor”, “capabilities”: {“desired_state_fields”: [{“attribute_id”: 258048, “mutability”: “read-write”, “type”: “boolean”, “field”: “identify_mode”}], “sensor_types”: [{“mutability”: “read-only”, “type”: “boolean”, “field”: “connection”}, {“attribute_id”: 4228051029, “mutability”: “read-only”, “type”: “boolean”, “field”: “liquid_detected”}, {“attribute_id”: 127009, “mutability”: “read-only”, “type”: “percentage”, “field”: “battery”}, {“attribute_id”: 67301376, “mutability”: “read-only”, “type”: “float”, “field”: “temperature”}]

Been searching for some errors I’m getting and stumbled onto this thread. I’m having the same issue as described here. Multiple commands to Wink integrated hub and switched outlets, only responsive about 50% of the time. Sensor states managed by Wink fail to update sporadically which affects automations. Got the following errors in my logs:

2018-10-26 02:00:00 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error in pubnub JSON for PS1 Outlet #1 polling API for current state
2018-10-26 02:00:00 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error in pubnub JSON for PS1 Outlet #2 polling API for current state
2018-10-26 02:00:00 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error in pubnub JSON for PS1 Outlet #1 polling API for current state
2018-10-26 02:00:00 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error in pubnub JSON for PS1 Outlet #2 polling API for current state
2018-10-26 02:00:01 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error in pubnub JSON for PS1 Outlet #1 polling API for current state
2018-10-26 02:00:01 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error in pubnub JSON for PS1 Outlet #2 polling API for current state

Using HA application version 0.79.1 running in Docker container.

Any idea how to correct?

I have been having issues as well, but the issues are on Wink’s end for me. The sensors aren’t updating because of some sort of push update latency. Can you verify when you see this problem that the official Wink app is working? (Try to watch the app while you trigger a sensor, how long does the app take to update?) I noticed that it would take several minutes for the sensor to trigger. I called Wink last night when I had this issue and they said they hadn’t heard of any issues. If you do see an issue with the official app as well please give Wink support a call and let them know so they get more reports of the problem. Thanks.

The errors in your log are normal, those are updates for a pivot power genius correct? Since that device is a legacy device it causes that error, nothing to worry about though.

Got it. So I can ignore those PS errors as they relate specifically to that legacy device?

So more generally, yes when the problem with state updates between Wink and HA occurs, I actually use my Wink app to reproduce the situation. Meaning I’ll execute a device change (like smartswitch on/off) using Wink and will reproduce the no state change in HA. Any other logging I can do to capture more details when this problem occurs?

1 Like

Yea ignore the errors in your log.

So what I am saying, is if you make a change in HA like turn on a light, does the change get reflected in the Wink app instantly (Like less than 4 seconds) with the app open and running.

If I have the app open on my phone the temperature gets updated, however I can also get the temperature to update by calling the service wink.refresh_state_from_wink. This appears to only update once.

temp%20dec%2014%2C2018

in this graph the green line is coming from wink the rest are coming from honeywell

on further review I noticed a descrepancy within the graph tile:
graph%20error

the graph line is showing 22.6 however the instant value on the chart shows 21.

is there a fix for this or work around? i read the thread but dont see mention of an actual fix or concrete work around for this issue.

Thanks

I am not sure what the actual issue is. This is very similar (almost identical) to the issue that was occurring when Wink push updates were first implemented almost 2 years ago. That issue was fixed, and seems to be working still for most users.

At this point I think the next step is to find what is common between the users having the problem.

@mceres what devices do you have attached to wink? @RichardR same question.

I assume anyone having this problem hasn’t noticed a crash in their logs? I think I remember there being a bad response from pubnub awhile back for a specific device which caused a crash and stopped all updates, but that was probably more than 2 years back.

Another helpful task would be to follow the direction here https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/17962#issuecomment-448059549 and see if running the test script I have listed “fixes” the problem when it happens. This would be doing exactly what Home Assistant already does to keep the Wink states updated, just doing it with a different token.

i am having issues with a kwikset door lock, it doesnt show the correct state in hassio. And my other issue is with the homebridge, that doesnt seem to be updating hassio once i turn off a light (this is a light from the wink hub)

Can you confirm that the Wink app is showing the correct state with your lock? I know there have been problems with third party integrations like that (not zigbee/zwave) not updating at all, not just with Home Assistant.

Yes, wink has the correct state. The lock and ge wall switch are z-wave

Oh okay, maybe there is a 1st gen kwikset that uses wifi?

The lock it’s z-wave as well.

Yeah, I am saying I think there was a non-zwave version that is also supported. I understand you are using all Z-wave. Good to know. We can see if other chime in and say what they are running.

Once you launch the Wink app do HA updates start working again? Meaning once they stop, open the app, and then lock/unlock the door manually. Are the states then in sync?

I assume you don’t see any crashes in your logs?

I am not seeing correct state in Hassio for ihome SP5 smart plugs

This was the only discussion I’ve come across about entity state updates in HA so figured I would post my question here.

I have a wink 2 hub and running HA 84.6 on a RPi3b+. I have 2 of the Hampton Bay universal wink enabled remotes setup in wink. The state changes in HA seem to either never happen or take forever, even if I turn a light on from HA. I always have to run the wink refresh state service in HA.

If I turn the light on in HA, either from the frontend or using alexa, the light turns on within 1 to 3 seconds. However, the state of the light in HA still shows off. I also noticed when I turn the light on from the frontend I see the slider move to on and a few seconds later is slides back to off. It seems to stay off until I run the service to refresh wink states.

When I turn the light on from HA I checked the wink app and it correctly shows the light is on. I thought about setting up an automation to run the wink refresh state service every time the light is triggered on or off, but not only is that a bandaid, it won’t help for when the light is turned on via the remote.

Thanks for any and all ideas and help.