HA SwitchPlate HASPone: DIY In-Wall Touchscreen Home Assistant Controller

Hey great news and glad you’re up and running!

1 Like

I have three Haspone’s all have been working well up to and including 2022.2.3. Then with 2022.2.4 had issue that turned out to be a bad update involving MQTT. This affected all my MQTT devices. Core update 2022.2.5 came out quickly and fixed all the MQTT issues. But… It looks like all my Haspone’s no longer communicate with Home Assistant.
Anyone have this issue or have I screwed something up?
Thanks

Never mind… Sorry
Did a core functionality reset and all seems to be working. Need to re-select color.

1 Like

I have 6 HASPones here on 1.05 and they all survived the updates but… I went from 2022.2.3 to 2022.2.5.

Based on your description, I wonder if the MQTT broker dropped all retained messages.

Thanks. Just wondering.
Did the new device reset so back on the air… Does sound like 2022.2.4 made a bit of a mess, No harm done. Price of software evolution. Thanks again.

1 Like

Moving HASPone store

US tax law has changed and Tindie is now on life support after being sold to Siemens. They cannot handle taxes and that is going to hurt so I’m regrettably forced to pick up my tent stakes and move things over to Etsy.

Purchase a HASPone PCB - new lower per-unit price!

Purchase an assembled HASPone - same higher per-unit price!

Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to have a long-press in HASP?
I can do it with some help from Node Red, but I was wondering if there’s a way to do this directly in the UI.

I have one button that toggles “all lights” and I don’t want an accidental touch to turn everything on or off.

I don’t think so. Looking at this https://github.com/HASwitchPlate/HASPone/blob/503e5edbb29bb30425d81a830eec904d3bef1bee/Arduino_Sketch/HASwitchPlate/HASwitchPlate.ino I only see button_short_press as an event_type

I have 4 HASPOne plates configured. They work some but the following message on the screen lately and I am not sure why, Looks like failing to connect to MQTT but not sure why?

Most likely related to your WiFi signal to the device. May be weak or you may have more than one Wifi access point that is creating interface.
If you have more than one access point for WiFi try turning off all but the closest to the device. See if it starts to get the signal.
I had this issue with multiple WiFi APa. Had to play with setting channels until I found what works

1 Like

why does it seem like my haspone becomes unresponsive? Plus i dont see a packages.yaml?

I set up the core and run actions. But screen stays on wifi connected! and thats it, cant access the IP addres nothing. I keep getting this.

Do you have any debug logs by chance? Can you get info from serial? I’m not quite sure where to go with the information you’ve provided but I’m here to help if you’re willing to work with me. The packages are no longer a part of this project, the HASPone update moved all packages to blueprints. If you haven’t yet updated, check out this guide.

I’ll keep trying. As of now says connected to IP address. But can’t communicate with it at all. I’ll let you know when I have better information

Restart the router.

Question, The dim option is not working, but i show it coming across in MQTT

I’m not 100% sure I understand what is being shown. The motion sensor is not used by the dimming blueprint, the only thing considered is local button presses on the display. Since you have an MQTT log available to you, do you see anything being sent on topic hasp/upstairs/brightness/set?

My bad, I was mixing 2 things up. Any ways I can have the PIR sensor control screen brightness?

Similiar what you did in video, but with brightness?

The PIR sensor should be presented as a normal motion sensor in Home Assistant, and the display backlight is similarly presented as a light with dimming control. You can use normal motion sensor blueprints and control the backlight like a normal light and everything should work.

It also appears that you are still on the old, packages based release. I’d expect a lot of problems as there have been a lot of breaking changes in Home Assistant. The HASPone project is updated to address those changes as they happen in Home Assistant, but the old HASP project is not.

1 Like

Hello,

Could someone here possibly verify something for me?

Am I reading correctly in the DIY instructions that I don’t have to have the transistor, nor the resistor if I connect the 3 transistor terminals together with solder on the pcb?

Thank you all ahead of time for your response.

Confirmed! You’ll lose the ability to power cycle the Nextion, which generally only comes into play if you’ve experienced a failed firmware update on the Nextion. Without the transistor, you’ll need to toggle power to the device (maybe via a circuit breaker) to recover from a bad LCD firmware.

Outside of that, should be no problem at all! It’s an edge-case solution and most people won’t really need that transistor-based power switch for the LCD.

Thank you so much for that confirmation and thank you all for making this accessible for people that aren’t hugely technical.

I was choosing between this and openhasp and just didn’t feel confident that I could get openhasp running quite the way I wanted to at my skill level.

Thank you again for your response!!

1 Like