HA SwitchPlate HASPone: DIY In-Wall Touchscreen Home Assistant Controller

motion sensor - how to implement either radar or PIR sensor, what pins and what code needs to be implemented for it to set the screen to sleep when no one is around.
what have others done?

You can set the pin in the HASP webinterface. If I’m not mistaking it was either D0, D1 or D2.
You can find an automation in my repository to turn on and off the display when motion’s detected.

1 Like

Is it possible to control relays?, If not how I can add support for relays, I would like to replace the double lighting switch.

Any relay that Home Assistant can support will work through automations triggered by HASP.

I have a module for esp8266 for a box with two relays and on this I want to install a hasp. Will I be able to control these relays? That is, hasp supports relays that are on the same module as the hasp installed.

through mqtt and hass, yes.

Out-of-the-box, no HASP won’t run on that same device. The HASP code does not offer local GPIO control for adding arbitrary devices likes relays. To make this work, you’d need one ESP8266 to run your devices, and another one for HASP, or you’d need to add GPIO control to the HASP code.

Yes I did mean you’d have to add code for the relays…

I don’t know much about programming, can I ask for help in writing and adding the code?

If i was you i would head down this path

buy 2 wemos

put the HA switchPlate on 1 and do that build

and Tasmota on the other

but as both are in the same place you could get the 5v power for the HA switchPlate to power the
secord wemos

then if anything breaks ie the HA switchplate you can ask the question here.
and if Tasmota break you can ask in this forum some will help you

see clear as mud

hey @zonko, may you can help me
after my sd- card crashed last week i updated my hassio to 0.101.2

now most of my HASP automations are broken, e.g. this one:
https://github.com/zonko16/Custom-Pages-for-HASwitchplate/blob/ce5ed71aab2853cef466d7a749044ddcc4675860/packages_2.4in/packages/plate01/hasp_plate01_p3_weather.yaml

there is no output after the messages related to line 70. but if i change

- service: mqtt.publish
      data:
        topic: 'hasp/plate01/command/p[3].b[6].txt'
        payload_template: >-
          {% if states.input_boolean.hasp_plate01_p3_temperatureswitch.state == "on" -%}
            "{{ states.sensor.TEMPERATURE.state }}°C" 
          {%- else -%}
            "{{ states.sensor.dark_sky_temperature.state }}°C"
          {%- endif %}

to

- service: mqtt.publish
      data:
        topic: 'hasp/plate01/command/p[3].b[6].txt'
        payload_template: 
            '"{{ states.sensor.dark_sky_temperature.state }}°C"'

i get at least the outside temp, but again no messages after that line of code.

are there some breaking changes in templating since version 0.98.X?

Hi @luma

Is it possible if you could provide a list of the hardware I require to purchase for this project?

Many thanks.

Sure!

2 Likes

Hello mate

Did you get anywhere round making one with a bigger screen?

Thanks.

Hello @Spurious

Did you manage to build the 7inch model then?

Hi @luma

So I tried the Nextion simulator and i downloaded the sketch on my esp8266. I successfully was able to enter my wifi and mqtt details. However on the simulator it shows I am connected to the wifi and mqtt, but it doesn’t change to the next page, I also tried to send a message via mqtt which it receives but nothing happens on the simulator screen. I thought it would behave as a nextion screen?

See below the screenshot of my simulator:

Any ideas buddy?

Thanks.

On a different note, I have used your hmi file from github and when I try to debug it I get this error:

so if I remove b6 on page 9 then it debugs correctly with no errors etc. Is this a bug?

Hi!

Did you run the first time setup process? That screen suggests everything is working on the HASP and waiting for you to tell it what to do. Trigger the FirstTimeSetup automation and it should switch over to page 1.

… kind of. The newest version of the Nextion editor brings a lot of features, but those features cost memory, and the result is that the existing HASP HMI file cannot be compiled with the newest version of the Nextion editor, unless you nuke a large component like b6 on page 9. For now, either remove that component and do what you want in the v0.58 editor, or revert back to v0.55 to use the project as-is.

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I will play around with it more and let you know how I get on.

Quick question…if I was to change things on the editor say for example I added another button etc how would I then configure it to perform an action on the esp8266?

Short answer: When you press a button on the HASP an MQTT message is sent. You then use Home Assistant automations to catch that message and Do Things in response.

Longer answer: https://github.com/aderusha/HASwitchPlate/blob/8618c55bbe444258369e2c779e7058a2a6a5f996/Documentation/06_MQTT_Control.md

2 Likes

Can anyone share if they are experiencing similar behavior with their setup? Every so often (maybe couple mins between) my HASPs quickly switch to page 0 (screen with the wifi and MQTT info) and then return to the page they were on. I have several and they all do this. Is this normal? Tried to see if anyone else mentioned this but not sure I’m searching for the right terms if this is just part of the updating process, etc. Doesn’t look like they are rebooting, but it’s a similar behavior. Thanks!