Ha-time node outputs only once, I want more

The Home Assistant node called Time or ha-time is used to get the alarm time from my Android phone. It syncs immediately, and displays the next alarm time under the node. But the problem is that it only outputs once per day, even if I set a new alarm later the same day.

This seems to be intended as per the node help:

Repeat Daily boolean
If selected the node will only use the time portion of the date string to schedule the node and will trigger at that time each day. Otherwise, the node will only trigger once at the given day and time.

Is there any way to fetch the next alarm time with this (or another) node? It clearly displays it under the node:
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 10.58.46

Is the sensor updating? If I put the next alarm sensor in a time node it does update where it will fire more than once a day.

Thank you for replying, i didn’t get the notification. The sensor is updating every time I change the alarm on my phone.

If you set an alarm one or two minutes in the future, does the time-node output anything when the alarm goes off? What about two alarms in a row? I’m not getting any output when testing, but it does trigger the flow every morning, mostly.

So I set 9 alarms one after the other. The first gave me a config error and one did not come through at all. I am going to have to set this up in HA as an automation to see if this is caused by the app or if the problem lies in NR.

Thank you for checking. I understand that you have created 9 separate alarms, while I have made changes to the same alarm. I tried to create a new alarm now, and it triggered. Then I edited the same alarm, and it did not trigger again.

It is in the app. I created a automation in ha to increment a counter each time the alarm went off. Out of 9, only 5 came through both in the HA automation and to the nodered debug.

Since the time under the node does always show the correct alarm time, I thought to try a different approach. If I set the alarm time to an input datetime. Put that datetime helper in the time trigger, it fires consistently. 9 alarms a minute apart. There is a 5 second delay in updating the helper.

[{"id":"9ab2e9e1fc0d127a","type":"debug","z":"0a325c35fc29f44e","name":"debug 183","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":750,"y":800,"wires":[]},{"id":"78592622b37bd545","type":"ha-time","z":"0a325c35fc29f44e","name":"","server":"","version":3,"exposeAsEntityConfig":"","entityId":"input_datetime.dandt","property":"state","offset":"0","offsetType":"num","offsetUnits":"minutes","randomOffset":false,"repeatDaily":true,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"entityState"},{"property":"data","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"entity"},{"property":"topic","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"triggerId"}],"sunday":true,"monday":true,"tuesday":true,"wednesday":true,"thursday":true,"friday":true,"saturday":true,"x":170,"y":800,"wires":[["9ab2e9e1fc0d127a"]]},{"id":"04cc767e7070614f","type":"server-state-changed","z":"0a325c35fc29f44e","name":"","server":"","version":5,"outputs":1,"exposeAsEntityConfig":"","entityId":"sensor.pixel_7_next_alarm_2","entityIdType":"exact","outputInitially":true,"stateType":"str","ifState":"","ifStateType":"str","ifStateOperator":"is","outputOnlyOnStateChange":true,"for":"0","forType":"num","forUnits":"minutes","ignorePrevStateNull":false,"ignorePrevStateUnknown":false,"ignorePrevStateUnavailable":false,"ignoreCurrentStateUnknown":false,"ignoreCurrentStateUnavailable":false,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"$moment($entity().state).format(YYYY, MM, DD, HH, mm, ss)","valueType":"jsonata"}],"x":230,"y":880,"wires":[["7bd0dc86353de488"]]},{"id":"eb425c84d08fa9cf","type":"api-call-service","z":"0a325c35fc29f44e","name":"","server":"","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"input_datetime","service":"set_datetime","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":["input_datetime.dandt"],"data":"{\t   \"datetime\": payload\t}","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":760,"y":880,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"7bd0dc86353de488","type":"delay","z":"0a325c35fc29f44e","name":"","pauseType":"delay","timeout":"5","timeoutUnits":"seconds","rate":"1","nbRateUnits":"1","rateUnits":"second","randomFirst":"1","randomLast":"5","randomUnits":"seconds","drop":false,"allowrate":false,"outputs":1,"x":540,"y":880,"wires":[["eb425c84d08fa9cf"]]}]

That flow worked here as well. And now even my original flow with only the next alarm sensor,works every time. It’s very strange. Like it was jump started. I didn’t touch it, and it just triggers on every alarm now, even edited alarms.

Maybe, as you found it only works 9/10 times, but that is fine for now.