HA UI not rendering after reboot

Running regular HA (non-hassio) in Docker in Ubuntu. After reboot of machine, all containers (HA, Node-Red, Grafana and many others appear to be running (when looking in Portainer), but the HA gui does not appear - I cannot login. Here is some log:

https://pastebin.com/aaWgehMy

Appears to be some trouble with Unifi (search for “19:38:58” timestamp). And after that something with “Pendulum” at timestamp “19:39:24”.

I am not very technical - a bit lost here… Any hints?

I managed to fix the “Pendulum” thing by upgrading Python Pip to latest. But the unifi thing still persists, and I can still not get into HA UI

I can’t see the pastebin because I’m behind a corporate firewall that blocks it but there was a breaking change for unifi in 0.109. Read the release notes.

I have - and found this: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/32817

but do not know what to do about it… is there a way I can disable to Unifi integration without the UI?

Here is the snippet from the log that appears to about unifi:

*2020-05-03 19:38:58 ERROR (MainThread) [aiounifi.api] Couldn't find key:*

*2020-05-03 19:38:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.unifi.switch] Entity switch.unifi_poe_8e_56_9a_98_89_de reports faulty device  or port*

*2020-05-03 19:38:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Error while setting up unifi platform for switch*

*Traceback (most recent call last):*

*  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 186, in _async_setup_platform*

*    await asyncio.gather(*pending)*

*  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 295, in async_add_entities*

*    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)*

*  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 445, in _async_add_entity*

*    entity.async_write_ha_state()*

*  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 297, in async_write_ha_state*

*    self._async_write_ha_state()  # type: ignore*

*  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state*

*    state = self.state*

*  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 608, in state*

*    return STATE_ON if self.is_on else STATE_OFF*

*  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/unifi/switch.py", line 172, in is_on*

*    return self.port.poe_mode != "off"*

*AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'poe_mode'*

Was the unifi integration defined in yaml or the UI?

Do you have samba and/or ssh set up?

The integration was done in the UI. I do not have samba or ssh set up, but I can access the HA config directory OK via my linux (the configuration.yaml, customize.yaml etc) and subfolders

I can also bash into the container from Portainer (if that is relevant - sorry, not so savvy…)

Then you’re screwed.

Disabling a yaml config would have been simple.

The UI integration config is hidden in the undocumented .storage files.

Hence the major bun fight over here: The future of YAML

1 Like

I’d try removing nordpool from your custom_components and see if that helps.

1 Like

Heureka - with the nordpool stuff purged from custom_components - I can get into the UI!!

Now, I better kill the unifi integration from the UI and set it up in yaml instead?

You can’t. That’s what the whole topic I linked to is about.

I’d report the error on github.