HA won't load in app or in mobile browser, but works from desktop or in desktop mode

Hi all! I have an issue where, when I open the official app, the UI opens up, shows basic numbers but graphs stay in “Loading state history…” view, and the whole app locks up, I cannot open the menu, cannot change the diffrent dashboards in the UI etc. The weird thing is that the same thing happens if I open up the UI from any mobile browser, BUT everything works on desktop, and even in mobile browser but when desktop mode is on. This keeps on going for a couple of days then it suddenly works again. I haven’t been able to accurately pinpoint what makes it do that. I am on local network always. Any idea what might be the issue here? Screenshot below:

Clear all cached browser data and app data. This has fixed a very similar issue for me.

is chrome and/or android system webview fully upto date?

Cleared everything, tried both Firefox and Chrome, and reinstalled the Home Assistant app. Everything stops working at once and everything (from time to time) starts working again at once, several times during the day. So doesn’t sound like a client issue. Everything is up to date.

From Discord:

There was a 2023.7 issue that caused a hang when drawing some history graphs in some small grid configurations. It should be fixed in upcoming 2023.8. Looks plausibly like that’s what you’re hitting.

I just upgraded to 2023.8 and I haven’t hit the issue during the whole day. Let’s see, seems like it got fixed.

1 Like