HA wont start since host update to 4.8

ok guys, this is kind of annoying…hope somebody can help !

I had a perfectly fine running hassos on a rp4 (32bit mode). A zwave usb device from sigma and everything was fine.

then came the host update from 3.13 to 4.8 which, from what I can see, ruined many installations - or at least they didnt boot anymore.

So I SSHed into my installation, which was still possible and went back to 3.13 via CLI. But it still doesnt boot. That is, it does boot. I can get into the folders via SAMBA plugin. At times I could still SSH in (that plugin was somehow disabled tho, had that in the past, can still get into the CLI via a connected monitor).

With samba access I do have logs but there is nothing obvious, nothing I didn’t have before.
If I do “ha core stats” I notice that rx / tx packages are at Zero which fits to me not being able to get into the WebGUI.

What did I try ?

• as I said, go back to 3.13.
  • restore various snapshots (have one every day for the last 10 days)
  • did a NEW install with 4.9, restored snapshots, same result

My problem is that the logs give me nothing. I dont see the problem and the initial issue from the host update should be fixed by my rollback attempt AND is also fixed in 4.9.

As I’m writing this I remember, that I didnt reboot the host system in quite a while, most certainly the last time was before the time range from my snapshots.
My installation is rather complex so completely restarting from scratch would be a major pain in the butt…any help is very much appreciated !!

2020-06-05 22:09:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for logbook_cache which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-05 22:09:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-05 22:09:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-05 22:10:03 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=87 from 2020-06-05 19:32:35)
2020-06-05 22:10:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for climate_group which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-05 22:10:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] ClimateDevice is deprecated, modify ClimateGroup to extend ClimateEntity
2020-06-05 22:10:12 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for samsungtv_tizen which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-05 22:10:17 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_boolean is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-06-05 22:10:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue] Error connecting to the Hue bridge at 192.168.178.37
2020-06-05 22:10:18 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for hue not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds.
2020-06-05 22:10:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Unclosed client session
2020-06-05 22:10:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Zuhause for smartthings
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 217, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/smartthings/__init__.py", line 120, in async_setup_entry
    entry.data[CONF_REFRESH_TOKEN],
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pysmartthings/smartthings.py", line 210, in generate_tokens
    client_id, client_secret, refresh_token
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pysmartthings/api.py", line 424, in generate_tokens
    raise APIInvalidGrant(data.get("error_description"))
pysmartthings.errors.APIInvalidGrant: Invalid refresh token: a5cac644-f2c6-4bb5-afa4-1b63f5d884e2
1 Like

Update:
So I tried several times with a new image file and restoring snapshots. Re-Installing the plugins etc. is no problem. Restoring the configuration is what kills it. How do I find out what does ? By the way…the machine was running this night, not accessible as described. What I noticed this morning is that it performed an automated google drive snapshot, so addons seem to be running. Just not the friggin webinterface! What can I do ?

Have you disabled all custom components as suggested in the logs? You should also try deleting your home_assistant_v2.db file, then reboot.

I tried deleting all custom components in one of my first attempts, didnt help. Im using an external sql database. Disabled the connection, didnt help either… Helpless here.

Ok guys, I got it. Maybe this can help others.

After creating countless new images on my sd-card and consecutively removing every addon and every line in configuration.yaml I finally found what was preventing the system to start.
It was the ONVIF/camera integration. After removing the camera: part from the configuration file everything worked perfectly. I remember that the ONVIF integration got an update at some point in the last weeks. As it seems, the problem did only occur after I restarted the host system (due to the update). I will have to see if there´s any known issues, for now I can do without my cameras…