HA Yellow sending over 1000 queries in a minute

Hi there,

I’ve just received and set up a Home Assistant Yellow, beginning with a fresh install. Right from the start, my Pi-Hole has been rate-limiting the Yellow for sending over 1000 queries in 60 seconds. This occurs every hour or so.

I’ve barely added any integrations, and haven’t done any extra configuration over/above the defaults. The most complicated thing I’ve done is set up backups to be uploaded to Google Drive https://github.com/sabeechen/hassio-google-drive-backup.

The queries mostly go to domains ending in in-addr.arpa. I’ve tried looking this up in the forums, but all the listed solutions point to UI elements that I don’t have on my HA dashboard, as those answers are around two years old and the HA UI is constantly changing. Any suggestions on what I should be changing, and how to get there would be appreciated.

Screengrab attached, graph of client activity over 24 hours, Home Assistant Yellow is represented in bright green with just over 1000 queries per spike. HA_rate_limited

Current specs:
Home Assistant Yellow
Home Assistant 2023.3.5
Supervisor 2023.03.1
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230309.1 - latest

Pi-Hole
Raspberry Pi 3B+, 1GB memory
Pi-Hole V5.15.5
FTL V5.21
using OpenDNS

Thats a reverse DNS lookup - trying to resolve an IP address into a hostname. The ‘domain name’ should be recognizable as an IP address to be helpful to tell you what your install is looking for.