Haaska testing/discovery problems

It took me some while to figuring some things out because I’m new to “programming” and Hass.io. But I’m trying to figure out how to get haaska up and running to combine Alexa and Hass.io.

First I had a lot of problems how to compile the desired zip file which is described in this tutorial. But it seemed I was missing some essential things in my GNU environment on Window. Got it compiled with the following edit in the config.json file:

{
“url”: “https://#########.duckdns.org:8123/api”,
“bearer_token”: “eyJ0eXAiOiJ…”,
“debug”: true,
“ssl_verify”: true,
“ssl_client”: []
}

Followed every step in the mentioned tutorial verry carefully on my second try now. I got a better understanding of the basics and got everything working as it should so far. I encountered some errors on my first try, but this was also because I missed the “Redirect URLs” in step 6.22 and used the wrong ones here. Which resulted in some errors when enabeling the skill in Alexa
So I’m able to get the skill working in my Alexa settings without errors now. I got the skill linked so that seemes to work thisfar, but I’m not able to find or discover anny devices.

I tried running this test aswell, but I get a lot of errors here and I have the feeling I’m missing something in this setup.

{
“directive”: {
“header”: {
“namespace”: “Alexa.Discovery”,
“name”: “Discover”,
“payloadVersion”: “3”,
“messageId”: “1bd5d003-31b9-476f-ad03-71d471922820”
},
“payload”: {
“scope”: {
“type”: “BearerToken”,
“token”: “access-token-from-skill
}
}
}
}

I don’t understand this “script” verry well I guess, but I suppose I only have to edit the info which is in bold?
So the bearerToken is the “Long Lived Access Token” I’ve used in step 3.4 (config.json file) of the tutorial right?
And where to find the access-token-from-skill?

I suppose I have to leave everything else as is? Or is more editing needed to create a succesfull test?
(I’m not sure if I have to edit the “messageId”: “1bd5d003-31b9-476f-ad03-71d471922820” field).

Think I’m just missing something small here, but don’t understand what. Hope somebody can help me out in this :slight_smile:

Whoaah! I finally managed to get it work! :partying_face:

I was pretty sure that I’ve followed the given instuctions verry carefully, that I didn’t missed annything on my seccond attempt, and that it only should be something small.

So I just wanted to let it rest for a little while, because I just couldn’t find it and it was driving me crazy. But then I came (again) across this topic and I just gave it another shot. I opened the JSON file with notepad (Windows) and edited the exact information as before. but now without changing the layout of this text file as described here at 3.4.

So this time, it turned out like this: (it looked like one long consecutive tekst in notepad)
{
“url”: “https://######.duckdns.org:8123/api”,
“bearer_token”: “eyJ0eXAiO…”,
“debug”: false,
}

Instead of this: (which looked exactly as the layout given in point 3.4 in notepad)
{

“url”: “https://######.duckdns.org:8123/api”,

“bearer_token”: “eyJ0eXAiO…”,

“debug”: true,

}

Didn’t knew it could make that big diffrence, but it seemed it was somehow not recognised how I edited the layout of the JSON file in the first place. It looked nice in the txt file itself. But it looked quite strange and distorted when I saw it back in the “LAMBDA console”.

But everything is working perfectly now, since I re-uploaded the new JSON file :smiley:

What did you change the access-token-from-skill to?