The Haaska Super Thread

Hello @Bobby_Nobble !
I thought it was possible to use it directly like that :
Alexa, turn up <Device Name> to <Position>
And say it like that : Alexa, turn up Roborock to Kitchen

The routines works well, but you cannot say all that you want (for eg , the word Roborock is not very well handle in routines)

I’m not sure, but the Error Summary suggests the Allowed Return URL is the problem
and this maybe because the Redirect URLs were not generated and populated correctly.
I think this is Wanderer’s step 6.22.

So somewhere in the Account Linking Step (I think this is Wanderer’s step 6.21), there should be
“Redirect URLs” that should be copied and then pasted into the OAuth Providers “Allowed Return URLs”.

Thanks for your help!
I just tried to get it working yesterday, so I began to start over from the beginning.

And Indeed! I missed the “Redirect URLs” the first time, and it seems I inserted the wrong URL’s then. It already wasn’t making sence.

So I’m able to get it enabled and linked into Alexa without error’s now! :slight_smile:

I also solved the part of the “make” command. I was missing a “zip config” in my GNU environment. So I was able to follow the whole tutorial of the Wanderer now.

I only having problems with the detection part now. So still something’s off here.

But again, manny thanks for your help! :+1:

Just to be sure…
I had a working hassio environment with a few working Tasmota plugs. They where communicating together on the local IP where hassio was running.

Now that I’m trying to setup haaska (which is working via an DDNS (duckdns). Everything is still working while the plugs are still directed to the former local IP adress where hassii was running. It is still accepted and working.
But I was wondering if this could be possible the reason that my devices are not recognised via my haaska setup in Alexa?

Should I let them on the old local IP? Or should I change the URL’s in the Tasmota setups to the same duckDNS url?

Edit:
Ok, just was able to try it out. But setting Tasmota MQTT setup to the duckdns port doesn’t seem to work at all, even isn’t responding to the switch in hassio. So guess I just have to leave it on the local IP :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the problem you’re running into,
but Haaska is only trying to talk to your Home Assistant, not to your Tasmota devices
so you don’t need to change any IPs for Tasmota.

If I understand, your Haaska is not discoverying any devices from HA.
Did you ever run the test on Haaska at your Lambda that Wanderer mention?
(See Testing Haaska · mike-grant/haaska Wiki · GitHub)

I presume you also put in your configuration.yaml

alexa:
  smart_home:

and lots of other goodies like filter: include_entities:

Thanks again! :+1::grinning:

Well I tried to run this test, but I was not sure if I had to edit annything. I only got a lot of errors with everything I tried. So I gave up a little bit on that. Because I wasn’t sure if I was running this test correctly.

I followed everything verry carefully the seccond time, and I was pretty sure I didn’t missed annything this time. So I was thinking it could only be something small (at least I hoped).

Because hassio was now directed via DuckDNS, it sounded logical to me that this could be the reason at that point. Because now I had to acces hassio on my py via “https://duckdns.org:8123” instead of “local-IP:8123”. So I thought maybe it could be possible that alo had to direct Tasmota via DuckDNS. My Tasmota devices where still responding on my hassio which was running via DuckDNS though. But just gave it a try to be sure. But after this, the Tasmota plugs didn’t respond annymore when I changed the host. Which was to be expected somehow haha.

It turned out I made a mistake with the layout of the JSON-file which prevented Alexa to dicover my devices. I’ve tried to explain it here

HI Everyone

I’m in the process of updating my HA, I’ve been running 0.49.1 with haaska and all works great. I’ve slowly been getting things working with the latest HA 0.86 at this point. I have got everything working OK now I’ve been working on haaska.

I dowloaded the latest haaska, Create long-lived access tokens, changed jason.config, zipped, uploaded to lambda tested and got this result

"errorMessage": "404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://xxxxxxx.duckdns.org/api/alexa/smart_home",
  "errorType": "HTTPError",
  "stackTrace": [
    [
      "/var/task/haaska.py",
      "event_handler",
      "return ha.post('alexa/smart_home', event, wait=True).json()"
    ],
    [
      "/var/task/haaska.py",
      "post",
      "r.raise_for_status()"
    ],
    [

I created new lambda functions and alexa skill for this so I can still use my old one until I get this up and running

Thank you

Is it possible, that haaska does not work with IPv6?

I have two hassio instances, one IPv4 and one IPv6 and haaska does only work on the IPv4 one.

Can somebody confirm or refute this?

Error:

"errorMessage": "HTTPSConnectionPool(host='mydomain.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/alexa/smart_home (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f4aed26ec18>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname',))",

Was excited to set this up only to encounter this blank page, and a bunch of outdated confusing documentation in older instruction sets:

All - I’m very sorry for the incomplete documentation. As always, life has gotten in the way, and to top that off, I got involved with another project that has some 2M+ Docker Pulls in the past two months alone.

I still answer issues on GitHub when possible.

It’s a long weekend here in Canada, so I will finally have time off work to help with this.

Any questions, just send them along. I’ll help set things up.

Hi folks,
It’s 3:18 am here in the UTC -5 timezone. I’ve just uploaded a much bigger, revamped set of pages and instructions to the Wiki. There’s just two pieces left to complete - Using Haaska, and troubleshooting.

I hope this works for all: https://github.com/mike-grant/haaska/wiki

@Outsideheaven - I apologize for the incomplete documentation. I’ve just finished writing a great deal of it. Would you consider trying again?

@Zoker - I know we spoke briefly on a GitHub issue, but to confirm - it appears AWS Lambda does not support IPv6. Here are some links: 1, 2, 3, 4.

@Dee - The URL in your config needs to be shorter. If you’re using the latest haaska, then you only need: “https://xxxxxxx.duckdns.org”. If you’re running Home Assistant on the default port, then it would look like “https://xxxxxxx.duckdns.org:8123”.

1 Like

@anthonylavado

can you help me with this?

I got done Upgrading from HA 0.49.1 to 0.86.3 I finally got everything working.

Haaska done and working except my Intents in Home Assistant.

I had a alexa.yaml file in my HA 0.49.1

I’m not sure how to format it under the smarthome structure, I have been using my alexa.yaml file looked like this

alexa: !include alexa.yaml

In there it looked like this

intents:

ActivateSceneIntent:
    action:
      service: scene.turn_on
      data_template:
        entity_id: scene.{{ Scene | replace(" ", "_") }}
    speech:
      type: plaintext
      text: OK

WhereIsCarIntent:
    speech:
      text: >
        {%- if is_state('device_tracker.dee', 'home') -%}
          Dee is at home
        {%- else -%}
          The car is at {{ states("device_tracker.dee") }}
        {% endif %}

RoomTemperature:
    speech:
        {%- set temp = states('sensor.dark_sky_temperature') | round -%}
        {%- set bed = states('sensor.bedroom_temperature') | round -%}
        {%- set bed_h = states('sensor.bedroom_humidity') | round -%}
        {%- set t_hi = states('sensor.dark_sky_daily_high_temperature') | round -%}
        {%- set t_low = states('sensor.dark_sky_daily_low_temperature') | round -%}
        {%- set feel = states('sensor.dark_sky_apparent_temperature') | round -%}
        {%- set humid = states('sensor.dark_sky_humidity') | round -%}
        {%- set now = states('sensor.dark_sky_summary') -%}
        {%- set hourly = states('sensor.dark_sky_hourly_summary') -%}
        {%- set daily = states('sensor.dark_sky_daily_summary') -%}
        {%- set wind = states('sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed') -%}
        Right now, it is {{ temp }} degrees Out side
        {%- if temp != feel -%}
        but it feels like {{ feel }} degrees
        {%- endif -%}.
        The current humidity is {{ humid }}%.
        Right now, conditions are {{ now }}.
        For today, {{ hourly }}.
        Today's high is {{ t_hi }} and the low is {{ t_low }}.
        The wind speed is {{ wind }} miles per hour.
        The forecast calls for {{ daily }}.

LivingTemp:
    speech:
        {%- set lvrm = states('sensor.livingroom_temp') | round -%}
        {%- set lvrm_h = states('sensor.livingroom_humidity') | round -%}
        Right now, it is {{ lvrm }} degrees in the living room.
        And the humidity is {{ lvrm_h }}%

Everything works I can turn on and off lights, open/close my blinds,

I’m not sure how to format it under the smarthome structure,

alexa:

smarthome:

and would like to keep using the, !include.yaml if I can

Thank you

@Dee - Hello :wave:

I’ll take a look at it, but as a warning - I’ve never used Intents. Worth trying though!

I do use a few Includes in my YAML, but I haven’t tried it around the Alexa stuff. Will test that too.

1 Like

@anthonylavado

The biggest thing for me is to ask Alexa what the temp in the house is, If I cant get that to work then I’ll probably stay with 0.49.1

Thank you

Hello everyone, I installed hassio a week ago, so I’m a beginner, yesterday I followed this guide https://github.com/mike-grant/haaska/wiki#need-help but during the test gives me this error:
{
“errorMessage”: “2019-02-24T09:00:44.336Z 14883b03-8da5-42fa-bbf9-49e6d497ec71 Task timed out after 3.00 seconds”
}
Would anyone know how to help me?

Hi @kentania!
I’ve just replied on the GitHub issue you opened: https://github.com/mike-grant/haaska/issues/95#issuecomment-467634259

tl;dr - I think the default AWS Lambda timeout of 3s is not enough in your case, possibly if there is a slow connection.

Edit: The user figured out that they were missing the port on their URL in the config.json file.

1 Like

I just tried setting up haaska and the Lambda test fails :frowning:

START RequestId: 23917bc3-3517-4b9b-8a48-29870e0736ae Version: $LATEST

Unable to import module ‘haaska.event’: No module named ‘event’

END RequestId: 23917bc3-3517-4b9b-8a48-29870e0736ae
REPORT RequestId: 23917bc3-3517-4b9b-8a48-29870e0736ae Duration: 0.43 ms Billed Duration: 100 ms Memory Size: 128 MB Max Memory Used: 55 MB

The test in the instructions appears to have a placeholder token.

"payload": {
  "scope": {
    "type": "BearerToken",
    "token": "access-token-from-skill"
  }

My notes do not list an access token from the skill.

Hi @anon34565116! :wave:

How did you download Haaska? Was it the release zip from here? https://github.com/mike-grant/haaska/releases/latest

If you pressed “clone or download” on the main page, and got a zip from there, it would only be the source code, not the compiled version required for use on AWS.

Edit: Just saw your edit, and the placeholder is actually correct. You do not need to change it in the test. It is designed that way. (To be specific for all - this particular token is not used in the test, so it can be any value, even empty, and the result is fine.)

1 Like

Yes, I downloaded & followed the wiki instructions.

I noticed one discrepency (ignoring typoes). In configuring the URL, your example is

https:\\my-hass.example.com:8123

but the placeholder indocates it should be https://my-hass.example.com:8123/api

The test seems to fail both ways.