HACS 2.0 - The best way to share community-made projects just got better

It seems I have a weird issue, since nothing similar came up in my search: HACS is regularly up to date, but HACS frontend is not. Of course I have cleared the cache and restarted HA multiple times since the new version.
This is how it looks HACS for me and the “about” window.

Ever since I updated to HACS 2.0.1, I have problems updating HACS things. I will see that they need to be updated in the main page, which is great but when I hit update, it does a super quick update, like 5 seconds, and then it will show as restart needed. I restart and then it’s back in to the need to update section. I can update again and it all does the same. And then 2 or 3 or 4 days later, it’ll just disappear from the need to update section and I’m guessing it’s been updated? Very weird behavior.
I’m running latest version of Home Assistant.

Right now I have Pirate weather and Sonos card that just did it.

Never seen that.

HA or specific custom components?

Have you checked your logs?

It sounds like it could be a network-related issue.

Does this happen for all updates or specific custom components?

How would readers of your post know what that means, especially in time to come?

You are correct @parautenbach , about my HA version used. haha. I’m on 2024.9.3 right now. I just updated again this morning. The updates not working are specific to HACS integrations. All system and add ons updates work fine. You are also correct in sayin that I did not check my logs. Let me check them right now. Well I just rebooted so no logs yet. And the updates took after I updated to 2024.9.3. ( I updated again the HACS modules and then updated to 2024.9.3) So more than a restart.

I just deleted HASC from home assistant, rebooted twice etc, then re installed as per HASC.xyz instructions. It’s back up, I go for an update. I now have the same 5 updates waiting. I try one and it’s still doing the same thing. Click update, update happens in 5 seconds then it says it’s update. I reboot and of course I see the update smiling back at me.

Is there a manual way to update components?

Oh well at least I’m not the only one with this problem.
https://github.com/hacs/integration/issues/4097

Logs. Where are your logs?

If you click the GitHub link above, I posted my logs there.
Couldn’t figure out how to post the filcher. Sorry.

Nice to see you got an answer on GitHub. Hope it’s working now.

2 Likes