HACS 2.0 - The best way to share community-made projects just got better

Why is then the skipped browser_mod not in the pending list?

Then (my feeling) the way in <2.0 was much better, because not updatable versions were not shown, which is less condusing, esp. if you have a longer list and foret, what is shown there why.

What version of HA are you on? If you’re less than 2024.7, that’s why it’s not in the list.

That’s how 2.0 works. You’re confusing update entities with what’s the list inside hacs.

Again, update entities have no concept of minimum HA version. The list in HACS does. I’d argue this is an issue with HACS 2.0 integration. I.e. it should not serve up updates to HA when the minimum version is not met.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Yes. I only wanted to say that I personally liked the way before much more, because less (not needed/not updatable) updates in the list. Currently click randomly again and again on some items only the see and get reminded, that there is a hard dependency.

Yes. But why is it not in the list because of that. Only to understand it technically.

Well the new version should not serve up updates if there is a version miss match. It’s probably best if you write up an issue.

Because the required versions in hacs.json for browser_mod says 2024.7.

I noticed that some integrations and cards available in HACS show Download counts but others do not. Is there anything I need to do to make the download counts visible for mine (teamtracker, teamtracker-card)?

Will the auto-refresh come back soon(er or later)?

1 Like

Did you write up an issue like I suggested?

Didn’t see, that you have suggested to write up an issue for this topic. Will search for it.

Anyway. I thought the the author is here as well to gather some feedback and answer simple questions and not only posting a blog post and is then not reachable anymore. Esp. with the few downsides of the new version. But it seems that it is as it is.

Ludeeus hasn’t posted a single time here. He typically avoids the forums when he can, it’s best to conduct things over on GitHub.

2 Likes

I’m confused by one aspect. In the release notes it says “You can no longer configure HACS in YAML”. I assume that refers to the integration itself.

If using UI and lovelace in YAML, you do still need these, right?

lovelace:
    mode: yaml
    resources:
      - url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js
        type: module

I tried removing them and nothing worked, so pretty sure you do – or did I miss some other config step?

Yes, the release notes for anything only ever refer to that thing itself.

Correct

Since upgrading to HACS 2.0 I have the below message:

All my front-end HACS custom cards seem to be working fine, so I’m not sure why this shows up and what I can due about it.
Does anybody have any ideas?

What I loved was the green border of new repositories that have been released in HACS.
Is this feature still there and no new repos have been added or did this change?

I’m trying to create specific update sensors, to distinguish if the update is frontend or integration related. The attribute “Repository Type” seems to be available as shown on the screenshot below, but I cannot find an info on how to access the repository type value/attribute via a template. Does somebody have an idea? Repository types - HACS

You can’t get that information from a template.

EDIT: Correction, it’s in the model.

e.g.

{{ device_attr('update.alexa_media_player_update', 'model') }}

integration is integration
dashboard is plugin

2 Likes

This is just half the way. Also updated repos will show up under new. I miss the green boxes around REALLY new repos… :frowning:

This is what I said already, getting response which tranlates into using HACS section only for installing new stuff. Otherwise use Settings/Update section.
But for installation only the HACS GUI is overwhelming.

Personally, I liked my previous UI experience more. Still cannot get accustomed to the new one.

1 Like

I can agree 100 %

Thank you for all the work on this project!

I too am in the camp that finds the new HACS UI overwhelming. It looks nothing like opening Integrations or Add-Ons from the side bar. But maybe there is a roadmap?

I would like to see separate buttons(tabs) across the top like Automations with something like “Frontend”, “Integration”, “Downloaded”, “New”, “Store” as suggestions. I don’t need(want) to see “new” apps mixed in with my downloaded apps and I don’t feel I should have to use filters every time I open HACS. I also struggle with home assistant’s UI direction in general.

I do like that HACS apps updates and issues now have better integration in home assistant’s UI.

If there is a better place to offer suggestions, let me know. I couldn’t find anything on GitHub other than creating an Issue.

Thanks

1 Like