HACS and Emporia VUE integration- problem with installation

I am new to HA and I would like to install an integration with the Emporia VUE energy monitor. (GitHub - magico13/ha-emporia-vue: Home Assistant Integration for Emporia Vue Energy Monitor)
Apparently this requires installation of HACS so I followed the install instructions (https://hacs.xyz/docs/faq/installation) which is supposed to install the HACS integration. This seemed to run alright (created HACS directory, unpacked HACS). I restarted HA afterwards per the instructions but I don’t see a new integration. Can anyone tell me how I can get the Emporia integration installed?

HACS is another integration but it has special powers to install / uninstall other customer integrations, which are not bundled into home assistant yet.

• first install hacs
  • check integrations page if HACS is installed and active
  • when you have succeeded with hacs, you will receive a new item un hamburger menu as HACS
  • from this new page, you can install your custom integration. I don’t want to go details how to use HACS on this page, i am sure your custom integration covers it.

Thanks but after doing the HACS install (running the shell script) there is no new integration for HACS.

INFO: Trying to find the correct directory...
INFO: Found Home Assistant configuration directory at '/root/config'
INFO: Changing to the custom_components directory...
INFO: Downloading HACS

INFO: Creating HACS directory...
INFO: Unpacking HACS...
INFO: Removing HACS zip file...
INFO: Installation complete.

INFO: Remember to restart Home Assistant before you configure it

OK, I managed to get HACS installed as an integration. I think I am now in the “rate limited stage”. We’ll see if that clears and I am able to add the Emporia integration.

So far log looks like this:

10:52:51 AM – (ERROR) System Health (custom integration)
Error adding entities for domain sensor with platform nws
10:46:32 AM – (ERROR) Sensor - message first occurred at 10:46:32 AM and shows up 2 times
Config entry '' for hacs integration not ready yet: None; Retrying in background
10:46:31 AM – (WARNING) config_entries.py
HACS is disabled - HacsDisabledReason.RATE_LIMIT
10:46:31 AM – (ERROR) HACS (custom integration)
HACS is ratelimited, HACS will resume setup when the limit is cleared (11:33:28)
10:46:31 AM – (ERROR) HACS (custom integration)
Error setting up entry xxx for spotify
10:46:31 AM – (ERROR) components/cloud/account_link.py

Not looking good…this error just came up:

Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/nws/sensor.py:96
First occurred: 11:00:55 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:00:55 AM

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 134, in _handle_refresh_interval
    await self._async_refresh(log_failures=True, scheduled=True)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 265, in _async_refresh
    update_callback()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 325, in _handle_coordinator_update
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 419, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 453, in _async_write_ha_state
    state = self._stringify_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 425, in _stringify_state
    state = self.state
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/nws/sensor.py", line 96, in state
    value = self._nws.observation.get(self._type)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

Now, you are receiving errors from custom integration you are trying to install, you should create an issue with repository owner and share these details.

My bad, this looks like one of default components as NWS, not a custom one, but this is definitely not related to HACS. This issues might happen anytime.

The error went away after I restarted HA again. Emporia VUE integration is now working.

1 Like

Github seems dead, is still a thing? I just got an Emporia V2 with 16 clamps, was going to monitor my miners via Hassio to find out my actual earnings - electricity…