HACS corrupted. followed uninstall instructions. no longer in Integration selection to reinstall

I got some file corruption notice on HACS and it would not start. I used the following thread to uninstall but cannot seem to find it under integrations anymore. Anyone see this before?

HACS error during startup - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

well i found wget install instructions. reinstalled and still getting the same error. I deleted the folder so not sure why its giving the same errors.

HACS is disabled - HacsDisabledReason.RESTORE
2:49:17 PM – (ERROR) HACS (custom integration)
Could not read /config/.storage/hacs.repositories, restore the file from a backup - unexpected character: line 14690 column 20 (char 488454)
2:49:17 PM – (ERROR) HACS (custom integration)
Could not parse JSON content: /config/.storage/hacs.repositories
2:49:17 PM – (ERROR) util/json.py

If you have removed hacs, you’ll need to install it again https://hacs.xyz/docs/setup/download

yea that is exactly what i did and i get the same thing i did when this started. odd.

HACS is disabled - HacsDisabledReason.RESTORE
4:21:30 PM – (ERROR) HACS (custom integration) - message first occurred at 2:49:17 PM and shows up 14 times
Could not read /config/.storage/hacs.repositories, restore the file from a backup - unexpected character: line 14690 column 20 (char 488454)
4:21:30 PM – (ERROR) HACS (custom integration) - message first occurred at 2:49:17 PM and shows up 14 times
Could not parse JSON content: /config/.storage/hacs.repositories
4:21:30 PM – (ERROR) util/json.py - message first occurred at 2:49:17 PM and shows up 15 times

Put an issue on the hacs github repo, this is what the author has said to do.

Yea, just did. Had it all filled out last night and accidentally closed my freaking browser.

just delete that file.

yea thanks. github responded with same. i missed the face that /.storage was a directory. finally saw it via SAMBA.