HACS Frontend error in HA App

Hi,
after updating to HACS 1.9 in latest HA App i have this error:

Unexpected frontend version

You are running version 202012051441 of the HACS frontend, but version 20201205162459 was expected, you should clear your browser cache.

This is not the first time, if I remember well…

In browser I don’t have errors.

Clear your browser’s cache and it will be fine

App cache flushed. Worked!

Thanks.

1 Like

I have same issue. This is what I did on chrome browser: go to chrome://settings/siteData, search the domain for my home assistant, click the delete icon. The home assistant automatically logout. I closed chrome and restart it, login HA again and still see the error.

What exactly did you guys go to fix this?

I have the same issue as henry8866. I also tried with incognito mode.

In the browser I deleted the browser cache only.

Clearing my cache (from “all time”) did not help; I can also no longer add repositories or addons

Interesting, this seems related to using a proxy. Accessing the interface by IP I do not get this error, accessing through NGINX proxy breaks it. There is a “bug” around snapshots being broken when using a proxy that may be related

1 Like

Mine went away, not sure what fix it. I deleted cache and rebooted HA a couple times.

I refreshed a couple times while having my network console opened, with “Disable cache” checked. It finally sync’d back up. A hard refresh (e.g. Shift-Refresh) wasn’t working. A singular refresh while having cache-disabled also didn’t work. It took a couple refreshes for things to finally sync themselves.

1 Like

I was having this problem as well. I also use a proxy, so based on some of the info above I signed in through the local IP address. I did not have the issue in that connection. I still had the HA connection through the proxy open in another browser tab. I did a couple of tasks in the local connection and had to reboot a couple of times. When I went back to the proxy connection, the problem was gone.

Same error here. Clearing the cache didn’t help.

1 Like

Same here … A got this error after each update, until now browser cache clearing helps, but not after today update.

It works without error on IP, but not on homeassistant.local

This HACS error (unexpected frontend version…) drove me crazy. I did all browser cache clearing without success. What really helped was a refresh by “Disabling cache” in the network panel of the developer console. So I attach a picture so hopefully it helps someone.

15 Likes

thank you @familieeck!
works for me!

1 Like

Hello,
could you tell me, where I can find the “Developer Console”?

Thank you very much,

Enrico

In Google Chrome menu: View->Developer->Developer tools

Ah … ok … I’m using Firefox … that’s why I didn’t find that menù :smiley:
Do you know if there is something similar on Firefox?

Thanks,

Enrico

Yes also available in Firefox: Tools->Web Developer->Web console
Under “Network”

Press the F12 key on the keyboard

Yeah… Toggling “Disable cache” in browser console does not help. Nothing really helps. I get that on all my devices. I use a nginx proxy and restarting it does not help either.

Also, the frontend or integration page does not load in HACS, I suppose it’s due to this error, but not sure.