HACS installation problems

I have reinstalled HA+OS, then I have tryied to setup HACS from Integration - if I click on HACS app then a waiting icon rotating few seconds and nothing happens. The HACS doesn’t appear in side-menu. I also have tryied to clear cache and reboot OS - nothing helps. Logs are empty (mean no any errors there).

Did you manually install the HACS custom_component before adding the integration?

Just follow the instructions:

As I recall, it takes quite a while to actually install. Let it go for 30 minutes and then check to see if it’s installed. But I agree, follow the directions…they work.

1 Like

I had pasted HACS directory to custom_components, then I had opened Integration and select “hacs” - the installation/waiting icons has been rotated few seconds and disappear. Then I had reboot system. But hacs have not appear in the integration folder.

I am not sure what happen with HACS, however in my end I never able to install HACS no matter what upon .110 installation to my synology. So, the work around is to make a new fresh install using older .8x or .9x where it work flawlessly and then upgrade HASS. From that point I zip the config files. This way if I need/required to reinstall HASS I will start with that latest version + HACS. And yes this is the only thing that work for me.

You need to restart HA before you add the integration after you copy the HACS directory over…

ok, I do - delete hacs-folder from custom-components, restart hacs, copy hacs folder by filezilla, clear cache, restart HASS twice - then go to integration, install hacs (very fast process - about 1sec), restart HASS twice
(also have checked - .storage - folder there aren’t any files that related/include in file name - hacs)
hacs doesn’t appear in integration folder

it seems that previously installed hacs keeps somewhere inside HASS (cashed)

humm… today i managed to install hacs again after previous unsuccessful tries.
I think the key in my case was to clear the browser cache before proceeding in the integration.
But yes, it needed some time to complete. Be patient!

I think that problems aren’t in HACS… today I have tried to launch this example - https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/python_script/
I have wrote a Lovelace button for it

name: hello
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: python_script.hello_world
  service_data:
    name: Denis
type: entity-button

But when I click on it - nothing happens. It seems that problem is somewhere about python…
Some body has any solution how to run this script? Perhaps if I run this script then “HACS” problem also will be solved.

I have ran this script. But HACS still doesn’t apear.