HACS installing problem via integration "error: Config flow could not be loaded"

After several failed attempts resulting in this error:

Based on the above suggestions, I removed the Google Cast integration, did a hard reboot of the host, then added the Google Cast integration, after which HACS integration installed fast and smooth.

3 Likes

This did the trick for me. Thanks @VMG!

1 Like

Timeout was also the reason for my problems with hassio. Using the local address solved it :slight_smile:

Solved it for me too – thanks for the hint!

Is it possible that the process continues in the background and thus some users had the impression that installing other integrations solved the issue, as this would just give the process enough time to finish in the meantime?

Did it for me too, genius.

i had the exact same experience. after disabling Google Cast i was able to install HACS.
:+1:

+1 for disabling GoogleCast

Having issues with this as well. I’m going to reinstall HA as disabling the integrations still did not allow me to setup HACS.

Hm, got to this thread after getting the “flow could not be loaded” error while attempting to install the google nest integration.

I think something went wrong trying to install HACS. I’ll post the steps I followed after succesfully installing HA on a raspberry pi 3B+.

I didn’t try installing google nest before I tried installing HACS, so I don’t know if my issue is related. But HACS does not show up in the HA interface so I assume I failed installing it properly as other integrations also seem to have problems. I am approaching my HA install over direct IP with HTTP and through the chrome webbrowser.

sudo -u homeassistant -H -s

but since I installed Home Assistant core I used the line mentioned on https://hacs.xyz/docs/setup/download#home-assistant-core:

wget -O - https://get.hacs.xyz | bash -

I tried while having google cast disabled, same result. I haven’t tried persisting in my effort to install nest

I never applied the

source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activatez

in between. Is this required to install HACS? This is unclear for python noobs like me :slight_smile:
if so it might be worthwile for the maintainers of HACS to explicitly mention this in the documentation.

Hi
FYI, I got the same error message and just renamed the HACS folder I created in uppercase to hacs in lowercase in the custom_components folder and that fixed the issue.
If it can help anyone…

Where are the instructions to create a directory? Because that needs to be fixed.

I don’t know it there are instructions on this site, I followed a tutorial on another site (yes I know, it’s bad :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

There are instructions on http://hacs.xyz/

Thx,
That fixed my issue!

One possible solution: enable debug logging in the HACS integration, try the action again, get the same error, go to Settings > System > Logs, analyze the issue. In my case I installed better thermostat 0.0.0, but I should have installed a beta version as instructed in the repo download dialog. Of course, I then got the said flow error. The error went away after downloading a beta version.

I’m running HA on Ubuntu 20 via a Snap image installed through the Ubuntu software store. My steps:

• Install HA Community Store (HACS): sudo snap install home-assistant-hacs
  • Restart HA: sudo snap restart home-assistant-snap
  • Manually add connections: sudo snap connect home-assistant-hacs:components home-assistant-snap:components
  • Verify connections were configured: snap connections|grep hacs
  • Clear your browser cache (see: Initial Configuration | HACS)
  • Go into the web UI > Integrations > Add Integration > Search for “HACS” and install
  • Launch HACS. You’ll be prompted to connect to Github. Understand that this gives your HA the ability to log into your Github account using an OAuth token.

Some other tips about setting up Home Assistant Core in Ubuntu:

• If you have a difficult time getting hardware communication to work with something like a Conbee II, try these:
  1. Make sure the user account is in the “dialout” group. For those of you new to Linux understand that Linux puts security onto things you might never think about (and in places you wouldn’t consider). If you are not from a subset of the IT world that lives and breathes this stuff you have a steep learning curve. To wit, your login account (JoeBlow) cannot just talk to the USB device over the serial channel it is mapped to. (Yes, even though this is a USB stick it uses a serial protocol with a set baud rate like an old modem which is why you need to be in the “dialout” group, a holdover from the 1970s Unix operating system, at least.)
  2. After adding your account to “dialout”, log off and log on for the easiest way to get that permission change to take effect. (Yes, you can reload your profile without doing that but you’ll need to search for how.)
  3. For those working with Zigbee, look up which devices have native support in something like the Zigbee Home Automation integration. From my little bit of research and experience, ZHA has more features than the simple deConz integration from the vendor. What a surprise :slight_smile:
  4. When connecting to a serial device use the by-id path such as /dev/serial/by-id/bigLongDeviceIDHereWithVendorInfoAndOtherJibberJabber instead of /dev/ttyACMX or whatever. The latter is subject to change.
  5. When in doubt, reboot. I’ve seen stuff start working after a reboot even though it wasn’t “supposed” to be necessary.

Feel free to reply and ask a question. I’ll do my best to help and I will not be rude to you unless you are rude to me. Deal?

1 Like

It worked. Thank you! You saved me hours of pain.

Thank you very much for this. So few people seem to run Core AND know how to explain things!

This installed HACS for me without error.

Ugh - still can’t make it go. Jeez how hard does this have to be? All I wanted it for is localTuya LoL

1 Like

Y’know you don’t actually need HACS to install anything. It is possible to install custom integrations manually, as any HACS compatible github registry will tell you.

But you don’t tell anyone what errors you are getting, so no help is able to be given.