HACS issue

Hello,

I am new to HA and I have been tinkering over the holiday break. I decided to install HACS to try a more “automated” add-on install tool. I am running a Rpi3b+ with Raspbian, HA is install in a Python VENV. Everything looks good with the HACS install from what I can tell, but once I go into the community, find a file to download and click “Install” it just refreshes the page.

The log is only giving me “Download not complete” and before a reboot I seen something about repository.py that I cannot get to recreate.

2019-11-29 19:53:05 ERROR (MainThread) [hacs.repository.integration.bruxy70.Garbage-Collection] Download was not complete.
2019-11-29 20:07:33 ERROR (MainThread) [hacs.repository.integration.custom-components.sensor.kodi_recently_added] Download was not complete.

Any ideas?

/edit Nevermind it was permissions… I thought twice to go verify permissions and that fixed the problem!

In future, to ensure your issue gets noticed, raise an issue for HACS here:

And link to the issue in this thread:

1 Like

How did you fix the permissions problem?

Get into the directory of home assistant config and I just wrote the following command:
chown -R HomeAssistant:HomeAssistant *
You would replace HomeAssistant on both sides of the colon with the username that runs the HA service. Alternatively you can do this just in the custom_components folder. Also check file permissions on the folders with ls -l