HACS not loaded after upgrade from 2021.1 to 2021.6

I just updated from 2021.1 to 2021.6 and hacs is showing “not loaded”. What might be causing this?

You probably need a new access token.

Delete the integration. Do not restart when prompted.

Add the integration again and follow the promts to create a new Oauth token.

You can then delete the old github token.

Thank you. Deleting the integration was easy, but there was no way to re-add it afterwards without restarting. I tried refreshing the cache and following several tutorials online, but no luck. Finally saved a copy of the HACS folder and just rebooted.

Having an issue where it won’t let me restart HA because my wyzesense binary sensor is invalid, but I cannot update the wyzesense integration without restarting. Current solution is to restart the host, which seems to force restart everything.

Seems messy, but I think I’m on the right track. Thanks again. Will update with results for others to follow in the future.

Interesting. I have not seen that behaviour before.

Yeah the bolded the “do not restart” was so HACS would not lose your existing installs. Looks like you found a way around it. :+1:

Working now after doing the above. Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

I ran into the same issue with HACS not loading after 2021.6 upgrade.

I deleted the HACS integration, reinstalled in terminal, cleared browser cache, found HACS in the ‘Add Integrations’, entered new Oauth code in Github, and when configuring saw notifications that HACS was out of date so I updated it. HACS was in the sidebar now - but once I restarted HASSIO back to square one, not loading.

I tried to repeat the process and now HACS does not show in ‘Add Integrations’.

I’ve noticed that HACS takes quite a while to start up - my first suggestion would be to wait 30min or so and check again.

If it’s still not working, I’d just do what I did and brute force it: uninstall, restart, reinstall. May need to do this a few times (I have no idea why).

Thank you - that helped. I did have to run the full uninstall - reinstall. Holding off on upgrading HACS until I’ve snap-shotted and mirrored the sdCard this time.

Had the same issue. Solution for me was re-installing HACs in docker container (since my installation is inside docker):
Open a terminal
Go inside the container with: docker exec -it homeassistant bash|
Run the HACS install script: wget -q -O - https://install.hacs.xyz | bash -|
Exit the container with: exit

full doc: https://hacs.xyz/docs/installation/installation/

After that, HACS integration was visible again. Select it to re-install it.
Do not restart Home Assistant, bu go directly to setup of HACS for a new Token.
Done!

I did not loose previous HACS installations.

1 Like

Updated to 10.2 and now HACS won’t do anything. It hangs on “HACS is starting up”, but I can still go into HACS integrations. I saw one needed an update so I did it, restarted, and that same integration I’d just updated continues to say it needs an update.

Incidentally, the Supervisor also keeps telling me to update to to 10.2 even though it’s already on.2.

Anyone else ever run into this?