Hacs not showing up in integrations list

I have one question, the directory path for HACS should be what?
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/hacs or
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/config/custom_components/hacs

I have tried both and still cannot get HA GUI to list hacs inside integrations. Please help. I have HA supervised. I installed hacs within the terminal. it installed it into the first path I listed above. I later changed it to the second path above because its the path listed further down this post and also in several youtube videos for the installation of hacs. Still HA gui does not list it inside integrations.

Alex
In my case HACS is installed in:
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/hacs
I donā€™t have a /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/config directory. But then, I installed it quite some time ago, and it could just be that things changed since then.

May I suggest that you delete your directory where the HACS files currently are, and do it from scratch as described in the HACS install docs. Note that the first time you start it up will take a long time, so you need to be patient.

Because things happen in the background, maybe (?) you will see some useful messages in the logs to confirm the setup succeeded and the initialization has started. You can use the Linux journalctl to monitor and search for logs and errors:

# find all messages logged today, that contain the word "HACS"
journalctl --since today | grep -i "HACS"

# show the last 30 messages, in reverse order:
journalctl -r -n30

# show messages continuously, in realtime as they are generated/logged:
journalctl -f

JoFie

Guess what? I reinstalled it and now its there! But it took days. When I first installed it I checked and it was not there. Today before I responded to you I checked and it was there. Thanks. I shall continue with the installation.

Great! Happy you got it working in the end. :+1:

Thank you so much, this solved my issue

1 Like

Iā€™m unfortunately in the same position. Iā€™ve followed the steps to install HACS but it refuses to show up in the Integrations list. Iā€™m running Home Assistant Container and followed both options as outlined in the guide as well as following @JoFie instructions but nothing seems to work. Iā€™ve rebooted HA multiple times, cleared browser cache and rebooted my Pi. I even installed HA on my Linux box but to no avail.
Wondering if anyone facing this problem has found a solution besides what @JoFie has kindly posted?

1 Like

If itĀ“s of any use, I had the same problem and changing browser did it. Even though I had cleand the cache multiple timesā€¦ good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the advise. I switched from Chrome to Edge and it also worked for me

This worked for me also! Thanks!!

Same issue hereā€¦
I install homeassistantOS as a virtual machine on a Synology NAS (no docker, I wanted supervisor!)

After installing SSH add-on tried the (updated) install script

wget -q -O - http://install.hacs.xyz | bash -

It created the custom_components/hacs folder with lot of stuff inside.
Reboot the virtual machine (not just the HA server), changed browser from chrome to edgeā€¦

Damn HACS did not shows up in the new integration list.

Any idea what to do next?

Hi guys,

i have an issue, that hacs is not visible in addons.
I was able to install it via SSH, and files with all the folders structure are there.
Tried restart both: HA os and Raspberry itself. Nothing helped. Tried couple of browsers (for sure cleared caches), but still nothing.

Running on Raspberry Pi 4b, HA OS 7.1.
Tried on Virtual machine as well.
Tried with older versions, still the sameā€¦

Any ideas?

Without hacs I do not see any further possibilities using HA at all. :frowning:

Did you find any solution?
I got the same problem here. everthing is on the right place but donā€™t see it.

Every set of instructions Iā€™ve read says to restart Home Assistant, but they should really say to reboot the machine running Home Assistant. Thatā€™s what it took for the integration to show up for me.

Running Home Assistant Core directly on macOS

Ressurecting an old threadā€¦Iā€™ve got the same issue with HACS not showing in the list of available integrations. Background is I had HACS loaded, but both HACS and the BoM integration I had loaded were old versions and could not be updated. Any new integration loaded via HACS would fail to show up.

To try and resolve my issue I followed steps others have mentioned, then eventually deletion steps set out in hacs.xyz. Having followed these steps, HACS is now no longer available as an integration - everything else seems to be listed.

Itā€™s an RPi SSD install with all HA software updated to current builds, rebooted & power cycled several times, now stable for about 3 days but no reappearance. Clean HA log file on reboot (all green entries) and nothing related to HACS appearing.

Is there a file somewhere I need to delete or config I should check to get it to reappear?

What worked me (using Chrome):

• log off (Profile->Log Out)
  • clear cahce

Thanks - canā€™t recall exactly what steps I took but after deleting and reinstalling things HACS eventually reappeared.

^ MVP for sure - much appreciated. Iā€™ll add to this that it has been the solve for several other HA browser things - but you can achieve the same with SHIFT+Reload. Thanks again.

Hi,

I upgraded from HA 2023.1.7 to HA 2023.6.2. HACS said it canā€™t be loaded. I tried an update over the CLI, that successfull complets but nothing changed. I read that it could be, that the Github API token needs to be updated. So I removed the integration over the GUI. I restarted multiply times, used different browsers and cleared the cache, the integration isnā€™t listed in the menu.
I renamed the folder to install HACS fresh, but it isnā€™t in the list anyway. How can I get it back to work?

I have the same problem. I have run the installation on both hyper-v and virtualbox, the problem always occurs. I have also tried running the installation manually by creating the folders inside /config and downloading from github, nothing.
I have cleared the cache, tried logging in from another browser, restarted the virtual machine, HACS does not appear in the list of components.
Thanks