HACS RPI Monitor Card through MQTT

I’ve been trying to figure out how to add my RPIs to Home assistant and I can’t get MQTT to find one of them and the one that it has found It only partials gets the data.

My HA is currently installed in a RPI with Supverisor installed. I have HACs and have installed the RPI Monitor card through there under the Front End tab.

When I click on the device it has found this is what shows:

Any idea how to get this to work?

Dit you install the reporter daemon on the Pi correctly?

BTW, the docs says, it is Tested on Raspberry Pi’s 2/3/4 with Jessie, Stretch and Buster

yours reports Bullseye, that could be your problem…

Yea, I followed this on both PI’s and the service is running even after reboot.

That’s a good possbility! Might try and do a fresh install on Buster and see if that works.

Wish you luck :wink:

I do run 3 Pi’s with Buster and have no any problem with it…

for the life of me I cannot get this to work. I’ve installed it on an rpi3b+ with raspbian. It shows there is a succesfull mqtt connection and who topics and data are being sent. In my HA mosquitto logs I can see the connection from the IP of the pi3b+ and its using the username i set in the config.ini. I cannot get any entities to show up though. This is absolutely driving me nuts and I dont know where else to go from here.

that seems more like an oversight as instructions for setting it up on Ubunta, Raspberry pi OS, and others are further down the page. Youd think it was safe to assume they wouldnt give those instructions and never actually tested them to see if their instructions work. right?

Well I finally got it to work. I’m not 100% sure what my problem was. After several uninstall/install of Mosquitto and MQTT the entities showed up under the MQTT integration. I did notice 1 issue though. In the RPi-monitor card and the example on the github page, they use (-) to seperate words in the sensor name entity and that throws an error because they need to be underscores (_)