HACS Unexpected Frontend Version

Updated HACS the other day because it said there was one available. Since then I’ve had this warning at the top of the page. I can’t seem to click on it to find out any more information. Is there a way to roll it back? Or does anyone know what might have gone wrong?

1 Like

Same problem here.

The strange thing is, when I’m looking on my desktop PC I get the error, but when I’m on my laptop looking at it there’s no error.

More info from logs:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: frontend.js.latest.202006033
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:209
First occurred: 4:12:51 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:12:51 PM

http://homeassistant.local:8123/hacsfiles/frontend-202006201137.js:1:17185 Uncaught NotSupportedError: Failed to execute 'define' on 'CustomElementRegistry': the name "hacs-single-page-layout" has already been used with this registry

Any suggestions?

I had that today.
Just cleared cache and the issue has gone away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep that looks to have fixed it. Cache cleared and problem gone.

how do you clear the cache?

1 Like

clearing the web browser cache fixed this for me too

Depending on which browser you’re using, you can use Ctrl + F5, or in settings -> browser history there should be the option to clear cache

1 Like

Thanks sorry I thought maybe home assistant might have had its own cache or something. Clearing browser cache did the trick for me.

Unable to load the panel source: /hacsfiles/frontend-202009091732.js.
Clearing cash or even using another browser does not solved a thing.
Hacs is broken again. Recovery from snapshot is not also possible.
When this error happen, only manual reinstall helps.

I only have this issues in my Apps (IOS) on iPhone and iPad. Tried clearing Safari cache and also restarting the IOS device without success. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I had the same error showing up with my iOS Home Assistant app. Finally figured it out. Within the iOS Home Assistant app, on the left menu bar, scroll down to App Configuration, scroll to the bottom and click “Reset Frontend Cache”. That’s it!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot - that did the trick. :slight_smile:

@mototech Great find! Searched ages for that ;-). Would be fine if that was pointed out in the error message, preferably with a link to that page, if possible.

Running into a similar problem now and just searching.
Is the reset frontend cache also available in the Android App? I am having trouble seeing it if it is.