HACS: Use /hacsfile location instead of /community with legacy HACS install?

I feel that I must be missing something in the documentation …

I’ve had HACS installed since nearly the beginning. My plug-ins are stored in the /community endpoint. I would like to migrate them to /hacsfiles to take advantage of .gz files for size reduction. But, I cannot figure out how to do that.

I’ve changed HACS integration from YAML to UI with no problem, simply by commenting out the hacs: lines in configuration.yaml and then adding the integration in the UI. It picked up all of the existing HACS-installed integrations and plugins.

However, it still uses the /community endpoint both for existing and newly added plugins. I don’t see any way to change that.

Any suggestions?

Currently on HACS 1.0.3 and HA 0. 0.110.2.

Thanks

They are still stored in community even when using /hacsfiles.

Hacfiles is a type of symlink to the community folder i believe

2 Likes

yes, HACS always stores the downloaded components into the www/community folder.

The thing that’s been changed is how you tell HA where to find those files so you can use them in lovelace

They used to be added to the resources section by referencing “/community_plugin/”. But now that has been changed to “/hacsfiles/”.

But the actual location of the files hasn’t changed.

So to migrate all you meed to do is change the path in the resources to the new path (/community_plugin/… to /hacsfiles/…)

1 Like

Thanks. That makes sense now.

I’m suffering from this very problem. @finity how fo you change the path in the resources? Apologies, I wasn’t clear exactly where I should be looking to implement this change.

edit: I found config - lovelace - resources tab, and found a couple of entries that said (yaml deprecated) so removed them, but since then HACS refuses to load in the side bar. It keeps refreshing the page and then disappearing.

1 Like