HADashboard Camera displays only in one browser

Hi,

Got a very confusing issue with a camera display.

It works fine in the first browser I opened it in but will not display in any other browser I have tried on my iPad, Firefox, chrome, opera, nor will it display on any browser on any other machine!

I can’t begin to 8magine issue. Any ideas?

Mark

what was the first browser and does it still work fine in that one?

@ReneTode it was safari on the ipad. Updates beautifully in that, but no other browser and no other device! Even continues to work after closing and reloading… as if it is tied in to the browser?

I experience the same. I use the camera widget to show the album cover from the currently playing track on Spotify.

It works fine on my computer, but not on any other device. My computer was er was also the first browser.

what if you use the link in the widget directly in the browser?

For me that works, just the widget that fails

thats strange.
because there is nothing special in the widget that isnt also in other widget except the connection to third party website.
hmm, and when i write that i remember that is probably the problem.
its a safety setting from the used browser that prevents js to show things from third party websites.
there should be a js error in the js console. but we are probably talking about a tablet and i have no clue how to get that error and or how to solve it.

@ReneTode

Interesting… s it is fine, while I just tried a light browser, and I got this

Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) when loading URL
https://192.168.1.224:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.both?api_password=***********

Other browsers I just get a timeout.

Original browser, safari still loads the camera and updates it! But only on this device still

another thing i just realised that can cause that it goes wrong for some people and not for others:

you connect to HA with HTTPS, and probably to your dashboard with HTTP.
so the secure connection from HA sees that you want to go on on an insecure connection.

i dont have that problem because i connect HA and AD internally and go outside with a proxyserver.

that the safari browser does connect is actally buggy and shouldnt happen.

Seems you jinksed it! No longer working…:frowning:

Ok, so I would have to completely reconfigure my install to fix it… and my home network to set it all up… I seem to remember seeing issues with hassio and proxy servers too?

yeah i have see a lot of trouble with setting up hassio combined with other stuff too.
and for certain with communication between multiple parts within hassio.

i use it like this:

So ngix will work with Hassio? Ok, I’ll take a look once I have the other features I want working. This is probably the final icing, for a wall mounted console. Firstly I need to sort config issues on my alarm system and broadlink rm2!

Thanks for your help

Mark

i dont know if it is possible and how it would need to be configured in hassio.
in theory it should be possible to configure my kind of setup in hassio, but i dont know what kind of trouble you could run into.

Rene,

I have a work around… this is why the camera worked in just the one browser and then stopped later…

Load each camera directly into a browser tab behind the dashboard… the camera on the dashboard then works…

That’ll do me for now!

Mark

2 Likes

nice way to mislead the browser!

can you explain better? Sorry I do not understand

I think will go this route, but only if works with NGINX in HASSIO

no idea if that can be done in hassio.
it should, but i would have no clue how to set it up because i have never used hassio.

Maybe better use a pi3 with nginx, and put hassio in other machine?

Like this i should be able to have convenience of hassio without all this problems.

How do you deal with Google actions which requires https?

thats an option.