Hadashboard - Custom climate widget?

I’ve been searching to find out if homeassistant can combine the values from two entities into a “dummy” climate entity, since my radiator thermostats dont update their temp regularly so I’d like to supply live temp values instead.
(See here: Combine temperature sensor into climate sensor? )

However given the lack of responses, I’m guessing its not possible - so it got me thinking, since I’m mainly concerned with displaying the correct live values in Hadashboard, could I override the “temperature” value in the climate widget to supply a value from another ha entity?

I had a read here http://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/WIDGETDEV.html but dont fully understand if what I want to achieve is possible?

cant you use the generic thermotat?
you can use any sensor with any switch.
so if you can see your heater as a switch that you can turn on and off, tou can use any sensor to control your heating.

if you only can use your heating device as climate device, i would suggest 2 widgets besides each other.
1 for the climate and 1 for the temp sensor you like to show.

changing a complicated widget like climate isnt what you want to do if you are starting to develope widgets.

just 1 other remark, if you place topics about dashboard in the dashboard forum instead of the third party forum, you dont have the risk that people who are working with dashboard miss your question :wink:

Thanks for the tip! Didnt realise there was a sub section… The forum format is a little different to what I’m used to. :slight_smile:

I looked at the generic thermostat, but it seems to be controlling a heating switch, whereas my thermostats are radiator valves for each room. They allow for a different set point at each radiator that the valve itself adjusts to.
Its only the reported temperature back to the controller is not reliable (only updated when the valve position changes)

I thought about separate widgets too, but its more space and the climate widget seems to already show temperature (inaccurate one as reported by the valve) so could be a little confusing for family.

i never used any climate device in HA, so i have no idea how they are showing up. (i have my own app that switches on my heaters, based on my own sensors)

i also use 2 widgets, but like this:

the top widgets are a combination widget from an input_slider and a switch
in total that are 5 heating devices in the livingroom.
left from that i have the temperature that the livingroom has.

maybe it gives you ideas.