HADashboard in IOS 5.1.1

Very cool, thank you! I may abandon my workaround of meta refreshing every 30 seconds.

Sorry but may be a lame question: you mentioned adding the transport: socketio tag into the dashboard section. AppDaemon.yaml has an hadashboard section. If possible, can you please clarify specifically which file and whether the dashboard section has a parent node, etc.

All the best!

Sorry @aimc a bit of bad news and hopefully related to something being wrong with the current DEV branch. When using @algirdascā€™s version per my instructions above, everything works as expected and tiles truly update in IOS 5.1.1 using Safari. When using the current/official DEV branch per the instructions below, the tiles donā€™t update until page is refreshed akin to the old/original 3.0.1 version that I had. The other issue is that certain icons donā€™t seem to work like on all motion sensors, etc. I can share a screenshot if desired. Please see my instructions below and let me know if Iā€™m doing something wrongā€¦ Thanks again!

cd ~
mkdir adsocks
cd adsocks
git clone https://github.com/home-assistant/appdaemon -b dev --single-branch
docker image build appdaemon --tag jzsandbox/appdaemon
sudo docker run -d --name=appdaemon3030 --restart always -it -p 3030:5050 -v /home/hass/appdaemon:/conf jzsandbox/appdaemon:latest

the dev branche has the breaking changes that are in 3.0.2 also regarding FA icons.
so if certain icons dont work you need to look at if you have some broken choices.
you can also read this part about it:
https://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html#a-note-on-font-awesome-upgrade

@JZhass andrew was talking about the hadashboardsection in your appdaemon.yaml
hadashboard has no parent.

Got it, thanks @ReneTode!!! Yeah good old MDI icons work well outside of the Dev branch. Iā€™m pointing to the same config folder from multiple/test AppDaemon Docker containers.

UPDATE:
@ReneTode unfortunately no better news with respect to updating tiles w/o having to refresh. However my icons were fixed and Iā€™m running these two parameters in my appdaemon.yaml > hadashboard section:

transport: socketio
  fa4compatibility: 1 

Iā€™m definitely having lots of success with @algirdascā€™s version while the same config with the official DEV branch @aimc linked to along with those parameters above in my Yaml are not yielding expected results unless I refresh.

Thanks!

yeah oke, the FA4 compatibility has no impact on the socketio.
so i guess that Andrew still needs to take a look at that.

Make sure you clean your cache and recompile ALL of your dashboards

Looks like Iā€™ll be adding socksjs support as well following reports that socketio is not working for some older tablets as expected.

1 Like

Sadly, @aimc update is not working on my old iPad either. If there is anyone unlucky as I am, feel free to pull my SockJS implementation for AppDaemon 3.0.2 which seems to work with latest (0.83.2) HA. Brief instructions:

git pull https://github.com/algirdasc/appdaemon.git
cd appdaemon/
sh create-docker-image.sh

Wait untill image algirdasc/appdaemon is being built and then it attach to your Docker container.

Thanks - Iā€™ll keep you up to date on socksjs progress.

Iā€™m looking forward to getting socksjs support, Iā€™ve got an old iPad 1 mounted on the wall, Iā€™ve been running @algirdasc docker for some time on my synology NAS but itā€™s just broken (I think the latest update of HA seems to have stopped the api password working). Is it possible to build the latest @algirdasc on windows?

I donā€™t know how to build it on Windows. If you used it previously, then do the same as the first time, but prior building image, pull newest source from github.com/algirdasc/appdaemon

Hmm, I just downloaded the docker image from https://hub.docker.com/r/algirdasc/appdaemon/, but this one is running AppDaemon 3.0.1 which shows ā€œentity not foundā€ on all my components. If I stop your docker and run the latest from https://hub.docker.com/r/acockburn/appdaemon/ which is 3.0.2 the components all display correctly, it just never refreshes on the old ipad.

you cant use the same configuration with 3.0.1 and 3.0.2
3.0.1 still needs api password ( but HA has problems with that in some of the latest versions)

Thanks @ReneTode, I gathered that. Iā€™ve added in my token to my appdaemon.yaml, which works a treat with 3.0.2, I was just asking for an updated build of @algirdasc docker with 3.0.2 so AppDaemon would once again refresh on my old ipad 1.

Thats odd. Are you sure youā€™ve built newest docker image from my github repository? Iā€™m using it myself and it works ok with my iPad 1 and HA 0.84.1. And of course does need long-lived token instead of legacy api password.

I was asking for someone who had the setup to build the docker to build it for me as I only have windows machines, and a synology nas. Donā€™t worry Iā€™ll install an Ubuntu VM and try to build it myself.

I canā€™t build your image on my PI3 using the dockerfile (-rp version renamed):

the output is

Sending build context to Docker daemon 16.84MB
Step 1/10 : FROM arm32v7/python:alpine3.6
manifest for arm32v7/python:alpine3.6 not found

I also try to change the first line of dockefile in:

FROM arm32v6/python:alpine3.6

but I have this error:

Command ā€œpython setup.py egg_infoā€ failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-gaza4431/cffi/
You are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ā€˜pip install --upgrade pipā€™ command.

what can I do?

I also have pip version 18.1 on my PI

This is what I did:

Feel free to download my build from https://hub.docker.com/r/vbtrek/appdaemon

i got the same error. after i deleted the old container/image it was gone.

Iā€™ve had similar issues. Have a look at Dockerfile under the Install section and see if any of my lines below help, certainly helped meā€¦ Try only leaving one line uncommented.

# Install
#RUN pip3 install .
#RUN pip3 install --upgrade setuptools pip iso8601 appdaemon
RUN python setup.py