Hadashboard V2 Competition

your welcome, glad its working now.

We really need to clean up the dashboard installation instructions as we have 3 ATM …

It will be tidied up when we end the beta

2 Likes

I think I might want to do a from scratch install at RC time so it will be nice to see a refined installation doc. Let me know if I can help. I volunteer as tribute if you want someone to test out a full from scratch install on the Pi.

1 Like

LOL - will do :slight_smile: The installation piece should be completely up to date in the README.md and I test it every time I reinstall in my live environment, it’s very simple actually. I might even take the final step and put AppDaemon on PyPi for a one line install with no need to do anything with Git.

2 Likes

The crowd goes wild…!

2 Likes

I said might !

A guy can dream. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

First try at a skin. I tried to emulate some of the iOS Home app look. I was stubborn and decided i needed to be able to have headers and footers with any dimension I wanted so I made life very hard for myself :slight_smile: : I think it will be worth it once I have multiple dashboards and can toggle between them from the footer.

19 Likes

Looks great! +1 for Family Guy reference.

+1 u might wanna share your skin?

Thanks. I’ll upload the skin as soon as I fix a few issues. I broke some things after I took the screenshot and need to figure them out.

1 Like

Take your time as long s we will get this skin :wink:

did u fix the issues to share with us :slight_smile: mine looks like this now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s actually a title for an episode of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”.

Anyway, I love that skin, @AZSupra! Please let us know when it’s released.

LOL, I just realized that - I saw Dumpster Baby and remembered the episode of Family Guy with the cutaway number.

2 Likes

Ok I finally got around to getting this in github: https://github.com/AZSupra/HADashboard-Blur-Theme-Light

I’m not currently using this skin so hopefully what I just uploaded is current and still works :grin:

Note that unfortunately you’re going to have to tweak your dashboard files quite a bit as well because I decided to be crazy and use 1x1 pixels widgets to have complete control of the position and sizing of all the elements like what Rene did here.

Basically since each widget is only a pixel you have to define widgets, empty spaces and spacers with the number of pixels you want that element to be. For example:

layout:
    - empty: 120
    - spacer(20x1), media(120x120)
    - empty: 140

The explanation in Rene’s post is probably a lot better than this one. Anyway have fun and let me know if you run into any issues!

2 Likes

Is there a way to change the color of a widget based on if it is on/off? I see how to change the icon but I would like to change the entire box. I could maybe come up with something using pure css to extend the icon height to fill the box and change z-indexes of the title but this seems like overkill…

edit: did it with the css method. for anyone interested

.title {
  color: rgb(255,255,255);
  z-index: 5;
}
.icon {
  height: 100%;
  top: 0 !important;
}
.icon .fa {
  top: 44%;
  position: absolute;
  left: 30%;
}
2 Likes

So question about the alarm status tile, is there a way to show a different color based on the state of the alarm? If it is not possible at this time I feel like this would be a nice feature to have.

At any rate, here is what I have so far. Now mounted on my wall. Wife loves it.

2 Likes

Same answer to both of you - not yet, but I have a feature on my list to allow different widget styles for different entity states, so this will be possible at some point!

4 Likes