Hadashboard V2 Competition

It would also be nice if we could show some sort of forecast info, like a today/tomorrow sort of thing.

Also I find dark sky is incredibly inaccurate for my area so perhaps allowing us to add/remove sensors from the weather widget would be nice.

Also on my to do list.

4 Likes

Can you tell us what theme are you using right now? I’ve tested your theme and unfortunately there is no mobile browser support for backdrop-filter css function which makes your tiles look so elegant. Only safari and desktop Chrome (in experiment features) are able to handle that.

1 Like

can you share the code?

which hardware is it?

how do you get the sign “closed” in the widget “front door”?

My navigate shows only the fa-gear even if I change it in the code. AM I doing something wrong?

load_main_panel:
    widget_type: navigate
    title: Main Panel
    icon: mdi-ceiling-light
    url: /MainPanel
    background_color: "#00f"
    icon_color: green
    icon_size: 200%
    title_color: red
    title_size: 200%

yup, you probably didnt read the docs.

there is no icon, icon_color, icon_size, title_color or title_size as setting.
from the docs:

navigate
A widget to navgigate to a new URL, intended to be used for switching between dashboards

Mandatory Arguments
Optional Arguments:
url - a url to navigate to. Use a full URL including the “http” part.
dashboard - a dashboard to navigate to e.g. MainPanel
title - the title displayed on the tile
args - a list of arguments.
skin - Skin to use with the new screen (for HADash URLs only)
For an arbitary URL, Args can be anything. When specifying a dashboard parameter, args have the following meaning:

timeout - length of time to stay on the new dashboard return - dashboard to return to after the timeout has elapsed.

Both timeout and return must be specified.

If adding arguments use the args variable do not append them to the URL or you may break skinning. Add arguments like this:

some_widget:
    title: Amazon
    url: http://amazon.com
    args:
      arg1: fred
      arg2: jim
or:

some_widget:
    title: Sensors
    dashboard: Sensors
    args:
      timeout: 10
      return: Main
Cosmetic Arguments
icon_active
icon_inactive
widget_style
title_style
title2_style
icon_style
1 Like

Thanks, the example app has a wrong code in it

would be helpfull if you say what you think is wrong. i cant see anything wrong.

it has icon and not icon_active, plus all other options that are not valid for widget navigate

this I think that after 10 second returns automatically to the “Main” page, correct? Would mean the Main.bash?

sometimes you are a little hard to follow, but ill notify @aimc that in the example dashboard there are wrong settings for the navigate widget :wink:

and yeah Main means that it will return to the dashboard Main.dash

I’ll fix the icon_active thing but the rest of the options are valid.

title_color and title_size, etc.?
why cant i find anything about those anywhere in the docs, widget settings, js, css or html?

i thought that were old options, nut i guess i miss a clue somewhere. :wink:

Where are you seeing these?

in the docs you find example apps:
http://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html#example-dashboards
and that connects to the github and in this file i find those settings that claudio tried to use

OK, thanks, I removed them - should be fixed in the dev branch now.

The z-wave door sensors I bought report a value of something like 254 when the door is closed and 0 when it’s open. I had to create a template sensor in HASS that mapped 254 to ‘Closed’ and 0 to ‘Open’. I don’t remember having to do anything in HADashboard to display this.

Sorry for going a little off topic. Any idea of how to display such dashboards on the HDMI output and control it by CEC? Currently the HDMI output of my single board pc is not used… The idea is to use it to control home assistant with the remote of the TV, check the cameras, etc.