HAI Hifi 2 distributed audio system

Hi
I have been looking everywhere for a component or any other way to control this system for months.
they have a detailed Protocol mapping file here : http://kb.homeauto.com/redirfile.asp?id=741&SID=
just uses basic serial commands and responds with serial data.
I have very basic understanding of python so way outside of my comfort zone.

You can always control it using an ESP with UART module (basically a serial port) and encodes string to send/receive in ESP firmware with ESPHome for example :wink:

Hi there I’m too am looking for a solution to link my omnipro2 with hifi2 in HA. How is it going have you got any luck? currently using omnilink to link the omnipro2 to HA but hifi2 settings is not automatically imported…

Hi Raymond
I did manage to create a solution that works for what I need it for.
I created a flow in Node Red using the serial command interface to read and send commands and then used MQTT to link it into home assistant.

Its abit of a hack but I didn’t know enough about Python to write my own integration.

Hi all, is there any update about hifi integration with HA?

Many thanks

So did you connect to the hifi serial port?

Would you share what you did?

I used telnet switches to work with my hifi2 system. It’s not great, but it works. Haven’t had time to make a proper integration.

Separates each command into a separate switch, so one for zone power, one to turn a zone to a specific source.

Here’s how I turn my bedroom on to Sonos:

- platform: telnet
  switches:
    hifi_bedroom:
      resource: HIFI2_IP
      port: 23
      command_on: "*Z1POWER1"
      command_off: "*Z1POWER0"
      command_state: "*Z1POWER?"
      value_template: '{{ value == "#Z1POWER1" }}'
      timeout: 5
    hifi_bedroom_sonos:
      resource: HIFI2_IP
      port: 23
      command_on: "*Z1SRC6\r\n"
      command_off: "*Z1SRC1"
      command_state: "*Z1SRC?"
      value_template: '{{ value == "#Z1SRC6" }}'
      timeout: 5

Z1=Zone1=Bedroom
SRC6=Source6=Sonos
SRC1=Empty=“Sonos off”

I could send you the node red flow code if you wanted it.
its way to big to post here.

Hi, so is possible to command hifi2 with telnet command? What are tha availble commands?
thanks

I too have been looking to integrate a HiFi 2. I haven’t had any success as of yet, but I’m going to attempt a basic telnet switch for now. I’ve found the reference here: HiFi 2 - Leviton Security and Automation Dealer Wiki

I’ve built an add-on yesterday using MQTT discovery to add entities in HA. In testing mode at the moment. Still need to figure out how to add options in the add-on config before distributing as a community add-on. Works as standalone python script as well.

1 Like

Are you able to share what you have so far? I’m attempting the same thing.

could you share your script?