Half Hourly Energy Usage Reporting in the Energy Dashboard

I’m loving the new Energy Dashboard, however I’ve found one flaw which is that it groups it into hourly reporting and not half hourly.

The Tarrif I’m on (Octopus Go) and a few other tarrifs my provider supplies (The popular Octopus Agile) are have a half hourly tarrif.

I just think it’d give that little bit more accuracy and granular level of detail which would be nice if this was possible.

Can I ask how you’re getting hourly figures from the Octopus APIs. I currently have daily gas and electricity sensors, but these are always 24 hours behind on the energy dashboard due to Octopus only making the data available the following day

I would also love to know how you are getting the half-hourly data into home assistant.
I can see it in the Octopus API, but I can’t figure out how to push it into HomeAssistant. All the existing integrations seem to only use the cumulative daily amounts.

Much appreciated.

+1 for this request. Not with Octopus, but my smart meter output, which I have from my Electricity provider is split into half-hour time chunks. It would be great to compare instantly their output with my HA reading without tedious adding two pieces together.

The Octopus Mini which you can request here get an Octopus mini

This would be a great feature for me.
I’d be able to compare the two sets 1:1 instead of having to sum the 2 bars in my head when comparing side to side.
I believe there should be an option to set the time interval of choice (maybe just 30 or 60 minutes).

Same in Australia, everyone charges by the half hour

1 Like