Handling 2 installs - one at my work warehouse and the other at my house

I am wanting to create two installs.

One at my own small building materials supply business - We have a little warehouse, outdoor yard for materials and office. 3 persons working there. Main focus here will be on Frigate for CCTV and security alarms. Just got HAOS running on a refurbished PC so far.

Second install at the house where I live. Usual HA benefits required here - same a everybody else. I plan to buy another refurb PC

Posing this question on Facebook one advice was to use two separate Chrome browsers - one with my work Gmail log in and one with my personal Gmail log in. Then on the phone use HA android app for accessing the home install, and Android Chrome for accessing the work install.

I would like to get notifications from either install concerning Frigate / security matters when I am away from either location.

Then the simplest solution is to set up a notification integration you can use from either. For example Discord, or Signal, or Telegram.

You can also use webhooks to do a notification roaming.

When an automation send a notification from work instance it also call a webhook on the home one then home HA send the notification.

It will not be 100% reliable but it’s still a good fallback

Also sending e-mails to multiple recipients is a possible way of notifications. :wink:

Make one a slave of the other to forward entities to. So your android app is just logged into one.

Thanks Deckoz, Bebe, Beniot & Tinkerer. Useful and imaginative ideas on handling two installs.

1 Like

Thank you Benoit, looks very interesting