Handling errors

Hi,

I have an automation that errored. How do I trap these errors and restart when it happens.

continue_on_error

Hi,
Is it possible to set continue_on_error from GUI or do I have to edit in YAML mode? My actions are as follows and I am confused where to set continue_on_error. I want to set it for each service call so if any one or two or even three devices fail for some reason, the automation just continues to run the actions.

action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    target:
      entity_id: switch.curtain_light
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: switch.led_plant
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 5
      milliseconds: 0
    target:
      entity_id: switch.upstairs_window_curtain_lights
    target:
      entity_id:
        - switch.outdoor_holiday_lights_garage
  - delay:
    target:
      entity_id: switch.indoor_holiday_lights
    target:
      entity_id:
        - switch.outdoor_holiday_lights_porch_1
        - switch.outdoor_holiday_lights_porch_2
  - delay:
  - service: script.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id: script.post_light_on
mode: single

Thanks,

It is too bad the continue_on_error: “feature” has never worked! I have some automation for leak detection, security, and other important functions. Most of them are fairly complex with a number of different actions and triggers. When multiple entities are involved, there is always one that is not connected for whatever reason. For example, if I have a leak, my automation is set up to notify my cell phone, send tts to Google speakers, flash some lights, etc. If there is a problem with an entity at the beginning of the automation, I may not get any notification of the leak. Continue_on_error: would make the system more reliable and dependable. Hopefully, the developers will fix it since they made a big thing about it during it’s rollout earlier this year!