HAOS 13 update not available

Hey all,

I am new here, so please be patient in case my post is not good :wink: I tried to find an answer to my problem, but couldn’t find anything on it.

So the latest release of HAOS is 13.0, but I can’t update to that version via the ha os update command. Instead, I get an error stating that version 12.04 is already installed. ha os info reveals that the SV considers 12.4 the latest version, and updates available is false. So I ran ha refresh-updates successfully, but still the latest version I get is 12.4.

I do know that the HAOS13 update was reported to be available via the GUI at some point, but I didn’t update then because I was on vacation and couldn’t physically access my machine in case anything went wrong. I did however update HA core to version 2024.8.01, which broke my DAIKIN integration (known bug). So I manually downgraded to 2024.8.0 and then updated to 2024.8.2 (containing the bugfix) once available. Since then I can’t see the update to HAOS13 anymore.

Can anyone help me understand the root cause and fix this so that I can update to HAOS13 using the regular update routine?

BR Henri

Edit: I am running HAOS as a VM in Proxmox on x86 hardware (Lenovo m720q)

Are you using the virtualization image (ova)? If so, the update 13.0 got removed from stable (see Revert OS to 12.4 on OVA by sairon · Pull Request #388 · home-assistant/version · GitHub).

There will be a new release HAOS 13.1 soon.

Ah yes, that makes perfectly sense. Thanks!

1 Like