HAOS Folder Copy and Rename Error

Hi!

Hopeful this is a stupid question, I am trying to follow steps to update my dashboard.

I have installed Samba, Terminal and File Editor to try to copy files across. However, I’m having great difficulty with it.

I tried to pscp the files into a folder, but unable to.

Now through Samba and connecting to the folder in Windows through the file explorer, I’m unable to rename a folder ‘icons’. I’m not sure if this is a result of me trying to code in the folder previously. using ‘mkdir icons’ under www (which I had also created).

I can see an icons folder in the ‘File Editor’ under what I believe to be the same path, but not able to rename the ‘New Folder’ to icons. SO I think there’s almost a hidden folder of some sort here.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Your www folder is mapped to /local in your config folder. That’s where the tree starts.

If you are using windows Explorer over a SMB share you can show system and hidden files. If they’re there you’ll see them

Alternatively, various commands at command line such as attrib or dir - a or - sh should show every file and folder including system and hidden ones.

Be careful what you change

1 Like

Thank you!