HAOS new setup on NUC14 wont start

I just got a new NUC14 powered by 14thGen Intel®Core™ Ultra 7 165H and tried installing latest HAOS 12.4 via Ubuntu on NVME SSD drive. The installing image is fine but the system never boots only showing Booting Stot A [Ok 0 Try 0]. Ive tried every which way to no avail. Finally, I borrowed an older NUC12 and popped the same SSD from NUC14 into it - and voila - HAOS booted right up!

Does anyone know what options I have to get this going on the NUC14 hardware? Can I update HAOS core so it recognizes my hardware?

Any ideas welcomed and thank you for your time

• BIOS settings:
    1. Boot from UEFI: ENABLE
    2. Secure Boot: DISABLE

Yes, of course, these settings were set from the get go

What if you try another SSD.

I ordered a previous version (13) NUC to try that will come with an SSD in it, I guess I could try that SSD first but it seems that either kernel or some other system (not very versed in Linux stuff) is not working properly with the latest hardware. I was hoping for a workaround to update whatever is failing as I’m sure later updates to HAOS will resolve this

Have you tried to boot Debian/Ubuntu on NUC14 using same SSD.

NUC12 had one slot for a NVME type M and one for NVME type B.
NUC14 has two slots for a NVME type M and none for a NVME type B.
Make sure that your NVME is type M.

not from that SSD, but live CD from a USB

Yes, it is

Anyway… it booted up, all of a sudden! :exploding_head:

After days of trying, I finally gave up last night and decided to load Win 11 on that NUC. Setup went fine, but on the first reboot I decided to look through BIOS again and what I noticed was that section of Secure Boot looked different: there is a drop down box for Engalbe/Desalbe and in addition to that thre is a, I guess, a label that, I suppose, indicate the current state of secure boot. I disabled secure boot right when I unpacked this NUC, I reset BIOS numerous times, I’ve updated BIOS and always re-disabled secure boot but NEVER seen that label there. For some reason, after installing Windows 11 something with secure boot changed. I promptly took the same SSD (I installed Windows on a different SSD) and popped it in - the damn thing booted right up!

What I failed to do all this time is to reset BIOS with the jumper, that could’ve, possibly, saved me days of aggravation

Thank you for recommendations and your time