HAOS VM modify connectivitycheck uri

Hello,
I would like to modify some settings for my Home Assistant Operating System running on a KVM (virtual machine).

I would like to change the ConnectivityCheck uri (http://checkonline.home-assistant.io/online.txt to a specific value for my network setup)

I want to edit the /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf file inside CLI.
But by editing this file (with vi), I get a message that the file system is read only.

Is there a way to edit this file ?
Or an orther way to specify this uri ?

I tried this method this method but it only change “system-connections” files but not general config for NetworkManager (NetworkManager.conf file)

Thanks

Home Assistant OS is a largely “stateless” system, and it’s root file system is read-only. This allows a secure and fast image based system update. Only things which it has been designed for can be changed (through bind mounts to a writeable overlay partition). The NetworkManager.conf is not one of them, so that is why you can’t edit it. If you want to customize HAOS, you’d have to fork Home Assistant OS and build your own variant of it.

That said, the Supervisor uses the same URL too to check for connectivity. So next thing you’d need to adjust the Supervisor…

If you want to make this changeable, it would really need a change in Supervisor, which then also propagates this URL to the OS.

1 Like

@agners Thanks for your detailed answer !
How can I change this in Supervisor ?

It is not possible today. That would need development work.