HAOS won’t run on Vitualbox on Macos13.3

I’ve been running home assistant on virtual box on macOS for about a year. After upgrading to 13.3 it stopped running. As a diagnostic, I tried installing the new image of Home Assistant OS onto a new install a virtual box 7.0.6 and it simply hangs on start. Anyone else experiencing this?

Just in case anyone else is pulling their hair out with this. After trying again and again I figured out that I had to switch the View to Scaled Mode to get the machine to boot back up. It’s up an running again.

Spoke too soon. After getting it up and running I had to shut down the virtual machine. Now it won’t restart. Don’t know what going on. the only error I see in the log
ERROR [COM]: aRC=VBOX_E_VM_ERROR (0x80bb0003) aIID={4680b2de-8690-11e9-b83d-5719e53cf1de} aComponent={DisplayWrap} aText={Could not take a screenshot (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED)}, preserve=false aResultDetail=-37

The same here.
Can’t start the HAOS just after upgrade to the macOS 13.3. I had HAOS 9.5 guest running on macOS 13.2 host via virtualbox 7.0.6 (all latest version with no changes beside the macOS).

I’m getting this in the log, and black screen only during boot.

(VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED)}, preserve=false aResultDetail=-37
00:01:30.044128 ERROR [COM]: aRC=VBOX_E_VM_ERROR (0x80bb0003) aIID={4680b2de-8690-11e9-b83d-5719e53cf1de} aComponent={DisplayWrap} aText={Could not take a screenshot

same .

now i move vdi file to windows notebook. it’s temporary running

Now i’m solved.
this problem was on virtualbox not haos or mac
i try add existing vdi haos. it’s not work
try add new vdi haos. not work
try new install debian, not work!
what!

i try remove vbox 7.0.6. and install 7.0.4 not work
and try 6.1 notwork

but try 7.0.0 , Yes! it’s working everything is normal.

1 Like

VirtualBox 7.0.0 works!
Thanks.

Same here! Wish we knew what was happening with the new version but thank you for saving my sanity. VirtualBox 7.0.0 fixed the error.

I was having this same problem on VB 7.0.4.
Just upgraded to 7.0.12 and that solved the issue.