Hardware Monitor (host)

Hello to all,

I would like some help with monitoring HW temperature in Home assistant. So far, i didn’t face the need to do so but yesterday the fan of my PC stopped working and temperatures increased in critical levels.

I run Home Assistant on virtual machine on Windows and as far as i know, Virtual Machines don’t have access to HW level information. While searching, i found the Open Hardware Monitor which i tried but unfortunately i couldn’t make it work (not even the web server).

Is there any alternative that you might be aware off?
What i am interested is to get fan speed and System and CPU temperature in Home assistant so i can get alerts if the RPM is too low and temperatures too high.

Thanks in advance

https://iotlink.gitlab.io/

Great, I have no idea about MQTT. I’ll check the documentation. In the meantime, there is no other solution right?

Dunno, you asked for a solution. I answered.

You won’t get far in IoT without mqtt. Learning time :slight_smile:

I started here Beginners Guide To The MQTT Protocol

At first thank you for the effort and for sharing additional documentation.
I guess you are right, everybody speaks about MQTT it just that i didn’t need it so far. For a bit more than a year, everything works fine with Tuya and Zigbee (ZHA) and i didn’t have a need for more advanced sensors.

The latest addition was ESPHome for an underwater temperature sensor but that’s it. Ok then, learning time :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Here are some you can look into, but you’ll still need to feed HA through MQTT or a webhook or something.