Harmony Hub activities to trigger another command help

Hello all

Very new to home assistant as I just installed this to mini pc today. I am struggling to understand how a lot of this works as I am new to the system.

I have a harmony hub with pre done activity’s and as home assistant monitors and uses these activities I would like that when you launch one of the activity by home assistant or Alexa which controls harmony hub or even harmony’s own app it activates another.

I have created a helper that basically wakes a pc server with a button but what I would like is when I select an activity eg. Movies amp in The harmony hub, home assistant sees this then activates my wake on lan helper so it wakes the pc as the activity has already started. I don’t need it to turn the server off as the server has its own scripts that monitors certain ips and if they are all off it shuts down.

I just need home assistant to wake a server when the activity movies amp is selected.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks for any help

hey… did you figure this out already?

if not, post the automation that you have. easier to edit an existing automation.

1 Like

hello there yep i managed to get that one working, i surprised myself lol. add some extra notifications to as i was playing about.

cheers mate.

id: '1717615462655'
alias: Room - Harmony Hub -  Kodi & Wake Server (Automation) New
description: Wakes server When Harmony Kodi Scene is activated
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - select.harmony_hub_activities
    to: Watch Kodi Minix
    entity_id:
condition: []
action:
  - service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
    metadata: {}
    data:
      broadcast_port: 9
      mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
  - service: notify.mobile_app_iphone_pro_13
    data:
      title: Server
      data:
        push:
          sound: Activating Server, Please wait……..wav
  - service: notify.mobile_app_ipad_pro_
    data:
      data:
        push:
          sound: Activating Server, Please wait……..wav
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 20
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: notify.mobile_app_iphone_pro_13
    data:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_ipad_pro
    data:
mode: single
1 Like

awesome! :slight_smile:
one little trick for you just for fun. this is allowed:

trigger:
    entity_id:
      - "power_off"
      - "Watch Sky [TV]"

Cheers but how do you do this In the visual editor or gui ? As I can not seem to add all the device under one “when” state

Thanks

yeah… this and many other nifty condensed formats are not available done directly in the ui. :frowning:

the ui does tolerate it (ie, it won’t mangle it) such that it’s safe to flow in and out of yaml and the ui. but you’re right that this construct cannot be built via the ui itself.

Cheers will look to add it in the yaml. Is this because HA is still been developed as a gui as I know HA was more code based but seems they are trying to get as much in the gui as poss

the gui has come a massive distance from when i started w/ home assistant.

but it’s the nature of code that it’s neigh impossible to do in ui everything that can be done in code.

as you get more advanced in home assistant, you’ll find a world of really amazing things you can do w/ templates that you can’t do in the ui… it’s a never ending challenge. but one of the things i appreciate about ha is that they’ve done a good job of letting the ui and the code intermingle so that you aren’t forced to limp along with a 100% ui limited world (like control4 does).

1 Like

Just watched their video and not keen on it at all as you seem limited just like Hue apps and other manufactures devices apps, for the first time since i had automation HA has let me fully automate my lights and with your help of course i don’t even do anything now the lights come on when they should and now turn off without me having to ask or me doing anything, fully automated.

Cheers

once i get most of my automations sorted i am going to look into shelly products and get some sort of fancey dashboard for the house sorted.