Harmony Hub Climate Component for A/C integration

Hi, I tried to make this custom_components works. But it keeps saying:

"Configuration invalid

Platform not found: climate.harmony"

I’m running:

• Home assistant docker ver. 0.9.4.0
  • Put in both remote and climate (as describe in github).

Please guide me how to fix it?

Thanks

Getting the same issue here “Configuration Invalid Platofrm not found: climate.harmony”

Running hass.io 0.95.4

I’ve tried commenting out
from homeassistant.helpers.restore_state import RestoreEntity
But still no joy.

I can’t seem to find anything in the logs referencing the custom component. Bit lost. Any help much appreciated!

Hey, I’m getting the same thing here too. “Platform not found: climate.harmony” any ideas?

Running 0.96.2

If you haven’t yet updated to 0.96, rename the harmony folder in the custom components folder to something else so it doesn’t clash with the main harmony platform. I renamed mine to harmony_ac. You then would need to change the platform in your config to say harmony_ac.

I need to update this component to work with 0.96 as HA made some changes to their climate integration. Hopefully will get some time over the next few days.

Amazing! Thank you! Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help. I can’t code, but I can provide moral support.

You’re doing a great job!

Thanks for getting back. I’ve already update to 0.96.3, so alas I’ll just wait for you to find some time to make it compatible with the new climate integration. Much appreciated. And yes, like Fart, I can offer moral support, plus a bit of python :slight_smile:

I’ve updated this component to now work with 0.96

Please note that the folder in custom_components should now be named harmony_ac

Also the config setup has changed slightly, so ensure to read the updated readme. Main change is you now specify the harmony remote entity name instead of its ip address.

Cheers

1 Like

Excellent news. Will start tinkering with it tomorrow. Thanks very much!

Hmm I’m still getting a similar error. Completely replaced climate.py inside custom_components/harmony_ac/ , and added the below to my configuration.yaml, but getting the error: “Integration harmony_ac not found when trying to verify its climate platform.” when trying to validate. I’ve rebooted Hassio and restarted the server but same problem. Any ideas?

climate:
  - platform: harmony_ac
    name: Bedroom Aircon
    remote_entity: remote_harmony_hub
    device_id: 63634100
    min_temp: 18
    max_temp: 30
#    target_temp: 25
    target_temp_step: 1
    temp_sensor: sensor.bedroom_temperature
#    default_operation: 'off'
#    default_fan_mode: auto
    customize:
      operations:
        - cool
      fan_modes:
        - high
        - auto

Remote_entity is wrong

What’s the service name of your existing harmony setup? It should be remote.something

Well caught. It should be remote.harmony_hub

Alas after I changed it, same problem of Integration harmony_ac not found when trying to verify its climate platform.

What’s the name of the folder this is in, in your custom_components folder?

yep its in /config/custom_components/harmony_ac/

Capture

Looks like there also needs to be a __init__.py file (even if its empty) in the harmony_ac folder.

I’ve updated github with this.

Try now.

1 Like

Awesome stuff. Looks like the error went away after I added the init.py file, and I can now add the thermostat card to lovelace. Will check if it actually turns the AC on when I get home and can witness it!
Really appreciate your work mate. Thanks again.

I’ve been using this for over a year now and it’s awesome! The only thing that’s bothering me is that homeassistant.turn_on for the climate entity id is remembering the heat state only until homeassistant restart - every time I restart homeassistant, the homeassistant.turn_on does set the climate to “cool”. Do you think that’s something which can be fixed at some point?

Thanks again for the great work!

Sorry for the late reply was busy over the xmas period :slight_smile:

I haven’t looked at this for a while but I think off memory it will remember the “last on operation”. If a “last on operation” is not found (perhaps in the case of a restart) it will take the first operation in the list defined in your configuration.yaml under customize > operations

Thanks for the great work on the amazing component!

I had one question / feature request. Would it be possible to add a fan only mode? most AC’s do have a fan only mode that is just a single button to turn them on, would it be possible to add an additional operation mode that is fan-only with no temperature modes?

keep up the great work on this component!

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply been out of action for a few months.

Yeah this feature is now included thanks to @dkisselev

1 Like