Harmony hub problems after update

Hello,

Today I updated all my stuff to latest version home assistant and harmony firmware xmpp and problem is with activity I use code like this:

pilot_harmony_wylacz_all:
  alias: harmony turn off all activity
  sequence:
    - service: remote.turn_off
      entity_id: remote.harmony_hub
      data:
        activity: -1

pilot_harmony_xbox_activ:
  alias: harmony xbox off activity
  sequence:
      data:           
        activity: 36058717

and now If I run script “pilot_harmony_xbox_activ” harmony hub turn off all my deviced! not just activity but all devices what I have added to harmony hub.
Please for help thank you.

That’s not how you turn off harmony activities. This never changed. To turn off any activity:

sequence:
    - service: remote.turn_on
      data:           
        activity: PowerOff

or

sequence:
      data:           
        activity: -1

I want turn off only one activity and my code working without any problems before update.

Now this code turn off all my devices

sequence:
      data:           
        activity: 36058717

but should only turn off 36058717 XBOX like before…

"Activities": {
    "-1": "PowerOff",
    "34119605": "SHIELD",
    "36058717": "XBOX"

I’m seeing this error in my log for both of my hubs after the last update

2019-02-11 08:25:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote.harmony] Living Room Harmony Hub: Unable to connect to HUB.
2019-02-11 08:25:48 ERROR (MainThread) [aioharmony.hubconnector] 192.168.1.50: Exception on post: Cannot connect to host 192.168.1.50:8088 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('192.168.1.50', 8088)]
2019-02-11 08:25:48 ERROR (MainThread) [aioharmony.hubconnector] 192.168.1.50: Unable to retrieve HUB id

I am not running the beta firmware on my hubs, and I am running the most current harmony firmware, do I need to change my harmony firmware? Did I miss a breaking change?

logitech block local api in normal firmware this is why you cannot connect to harmiony hub.

I know about the API, but when that first happened, the code was updated to support the harmony hubs using http calls (or something like that), I’ve been using the normal (non dev) api without issues until 87.1 I dont see anything in the change logs. If HA only supports the new dev API, that’s fine, It’s just that they were definitly supporting the normal firmware until the last couple of days.

I’ll double check to see if maybe there was another firmware update on the harmony side of the house

Edit: I have verified that I am running the latest local firmware 4.15.206

The way harmony works is that only 1 activity is on at a time.

Yes, Did you look at the code I posted? It uses remote.turn_on, not remote.turn_off. This has always been like this. If you want to turn off any activity, you need to call remote.turn_on with PowerOff as the activity.

remote.turn_off will turn off everything.

I’m running 4.15.206 without issues, but I’m on 0.87.0. I believe 87 is using webhooks, 86 was. Harmony was talking about reenabling xmpp. Not sure when that is happening.

to delete.

That’s fine. It wont ever work.

Example If I start manual tv, shield tv, xbox, onkyo avr and now if I start this script harmony hub turn off ALL devices but should turn off only xbox and onkyo like is set in activity.

Yeah, I did not see the errors in HA until 87.1 So maybe something else updated with that update

Last change made to harmony was 27 days ago. Maybe something else is affecting the setup. I’ll have to update and monitor my logs.

EDIT: aioharmony.hubconnector is the new API that uses websockets. And it’s using 0.1.5. I think we are 2 minor revisions behind, but 0.1.5 has an excerpt about a fix which seems oddly similar to your issue:

2 Likes

So, if I understand correctly, you were using the script to fix issues where people turn on devices without using the harmony.

For example - 5 devices have been turned on manually and now you want to turn off two of them with the harmony (xbox ond onkyo), but leave on the other devices that were manually turned on that the harmony does not know are on?

Seems confusing, but I see what you’re going for. With that said, I never did that, so I cannot say when it changed. of course I’m also seeing some issues with harmony today, so maybe they are related

pilot_harmony_wylacz_all:
  alias: harmony turn off all activity
  sequence:
      data:
        activity: PowerOff

ha 0.87.1
hub 4.15.210

And this code turn off TV wtf… TV not is added in activities is in devices tab and not is connected to any activities.

if 4.15.210 uses xmpp, just copy an old version of harmony when it was using xmpp and make it into a custom component.

Was this directed to me? I think so, and I’ll do that tonight. This last update to 87.1 has been more buggy for me than most previous updates. But, such is the cost of being on the update bandwagon.

I ended up just going ahead and applying the developer firmware on my hubs and it seems to be working. I’ll probably revisit in the future. Thanks for the pointer

I don’t think the developer firmware will affect HA. HA will still use websockets even though the dev update adds xmpp back. We gotta wait til HA gives us the choice to use xmpp or websockets. It may even be a totally different component.

Makes sense, but… My harmony is working now with the xmpp firmware. It was working (or at least I think it was) on 87.0, starting getting the errors above on 87.1. the firmware seemed to fix the issue. Maybe it was just a websocket issue, I believe that HA was supposed to be working with websockets and XMPP, right?